Thursday, January 3, 2013

Temporary Lapses

I made a conscious decision to eat things that weren't on my plan. Having the plan during the holidays helped keep me from going crazy. But I decided to take a few days off.

For the most part, I followed the plan except for tortilla chips. My daughter had some nacho flavored tortilla chips at her house. Although they were stale, I helped myself to them. She wanted to help me, so she threw them in the trash. You don't know how much strength it took to leave them in the trash. That was Monday.

New Year's Day my son and I went to Alamo Cafe, and I ate my usual shredded chicken ensalada. This time, I ate more than a basket of tortilla chips with salsa! My son couldn't believe what he was seeing. Oh, and there was the non-fat cafe mocha, no whip with a slice of banana/chocolate chip cake that I got from Starbucks on the way home. Then at 10:30 pm, I remembered the black-eyed peas and got back out of bed and had a helping. There is no way I will begin another year without black-eyed peas. I tried it one year, and it was a horrible year. The next New Year's Day, I ate 2 cans!

Then, last night, my son got out some chips, and I helped myself to several handfuls. Actually, I quit right before I made myself sick.

Today I'm back in control. I'm having grilled chicken with cauliflower and tomatoes, and an apple and orange for snacks. I had 1-1/2 eggs with fat-free cheese and salsa for breakfast. Tonight we're trying a parmesan chicken recipe I found.

My stomach is not feeling too good, which is expected considering what I did. I fully expect to show about a 5-lb gain today. But, that's OK. I met my goal of weighing less than 200 by Christmas, and I'll get right back to that weight in a week and then move forward from there.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home