Thursday, December 13, 2012

Back on Track

Today's weigh-in was fantastic! I lost 4 lbs!

This has been a challenging week for sure. I spent the day Saturday at the hospital with my dad, so I didn't eat as much as I should have. I had that awful beet smoothie for breakfast, an orange and cauliflower from the cafeteria for lunch. I can't remember what I ate for dinner.

Sunday I had the beet smoothie again, but this time I peeled the beets and added cucumber and a pear instead of the spinach. It was MUCH better. I actually drank it all. As a matter of fact, I just had another. This time I made it with canned beets (beets and water). It was really good. I learned that I have to leave the blender on much longer than I normally would. Canned beets make the smoothie easier to to drink. I've been having almond milk fruit smoothies with cherries and blueberries or strawberries for dinner or breakfast the rest of the week. I love that stuff!

I don't get as hungry as I used to. I used to hate people who said things like this.

Then I had jury duty Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.The only place to eat was a deli, and that's where 9 of the 12 of us went every day. As usual, I took my lunch. I ate my usual 1-1/2 eggs with mushrooms for breakfast and took 2 fruits for snacks. I treated myself to a sugar-free hot chocolate each day because the rooms were so cold that I even wore gloves Tuesday.

Tomorrow is our Holiday Luncheon at Saltgrass. I've never eaten there before, so I looked at the lunch menu and all I saw was steak, shrimp, and things I don't eat. I did finally see a sweet potato, but it's probably full of stuff I don't want, and a dinner salad. So that's I'll have, I'll ask for the potato dry and I'll take Stevia and cinnamon. I love it that way. If they don't have vinegar and oil, I'll eat the salad dry (maybe with salt and pepper).

I don't salt anything anymore, and I don't miss it anymore either.

I'm only 2 lbs away from my first big goal of weighing less than 200 by January 1. I'm so excited! I used to leave weigh-in at WW and immediately eat something I shouldn't. But not anymore. I'm so motivated to continue eating what I should to be healthy. I sometimes wonder who this person is in my looser-by-the-day clothing.

Well, I HAVE to get to the Friends of the Library newsletter. That's been another challenge. Usually I don't have to finish it before the last week of the month. This time, it has to be ready to print Monday. Plus I'm babysitting tomorrow night and Saturday until Noon. Yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home