Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Holiday Eating has Undone Me

Holiday eating has undone what I've worked so hard to accomplish!

I went crazy trying to recreate an edible arrangement to take to my sister's and my daughter's. I bought way too much food - about $160! I spent several hours shopping, chopping, skewering (including my thumb), arranging, and nibbling the whole time. I fixed the craziest, cutest arrangement that was colorful and delicious (of course, no photos) to take to my sister's.


We got to my sister's house late because we went to the early service and had altar guild obligations. My grandson was sick, and after church, we went to my daughter's to get their gifts for the family gift exchange. By the time we got to my sister's, they had eaten and opened gifts, and only a couple of people were interested in my contribution. I returned home with 90% of the arrangement in a bowl. So disappointing.

Making the arrangement was so much work and time consuming that I just couldn't make myself do it again. I made a relish plate, cheese and meat plate, a fruit plate, and a huge salad to take to my daughter's instead. I would have saved $100, about 1000 calories, and so much time if I'd just ordered edible arrangements instead. PLUS I wouldn't have had so much food at my disposal. I have lots of fruit and vegetables left, and I took all the food I can't eat, such as cantaloupe, honeydew melon, smokies, cheese, turkey, bananas, grapes, and Christmas cookies, to my daughter's, which is a good thing.


At my sister's, I went crazy. I ate at least 6 cookies, a tamale, chili, and chips with cheese dip. I kept eating even though I was full. And I drank sweet tea!

Everyone left about 10:00, so my son and I went back to church for the late service. We got there a few minutes late, but it was a nice musical service. NO KIDS! We cleaned up after the service and prepared for the Christmas morning service. We got home about 12:45 a.m., exhausted!

When I got on the scale this morning, it showed a 7 lb gain! OMG! I had a fruit and almond milk smoothie for breakfast.

My son-in-law prepared the most delicious prime rib, portabello mushrooms with cheese, mashed potatoes, and squash. He's a fantastic cook. Cook doesn't do him justice. He's a chef. His meals are fantastic. I took a large salad in addition to the other plates I mentioned. For dinner I baked a sweet potato and ate it with cinnamon and stevia.

I'm shocked at how easy it was to undo my hard work. I'm back on the plan 100% now. I want to end the year weighing 195. I'll have to work my hardest to make this happen. If I follow what I did the first week, I think I can do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home