Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tough time getting back on track

Wow! I'm having such a hard time getting back on track. I started out yesterday with an omelet with mushrooms and red, yellow & orange peppers. Delicious!

Because I planned to have a fruit smoothie for dinner, I brought carrots for my snack. My lunch was the usual salad and steamed chicken. Delicious because the salad had all sorts of goodies, radishes, cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, lettuce, and the usual balsamic vinegar and safflower oil. I drank about 60 ounces of water and only 3 or 4 cups of coffee

But every time I passed the coffee room, I saw a sign that said "Homemade Tamales - Heat & Eat". The tamales I could ignore, but the candy in the 2 containers next to them were too hard to resist. Remember that I'm not allergic to anything like chocolate and pretzels, and these candies were just little bite-sized deliciousness.

Then, when I got home late, I tried to just have fruit, but that didn't satisfy me. I ended up eating meatballs, 2 sticks of string cheese, a few little pieces of ham, grapes, olives - the goodies from the edible arrangement that came back home with me Christmas Eve. I never did have that smoothie. Something I ate caused my mouth to itch and swell a bit. And my hands itched like crazy this morning. I wish I knew what did that. I'll have to assume it was the food that I shouldn't have been eating in the first place, like those meatballs and the cheese and ham.

I managed to lose 2 of the 7 pounds I gained. If I continue to drink the water and start each day eating the right foods, eventually, it'll all click back into place. Luckily, I have lots of vegetables for salads and milk for smoothies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home