Thursday, December 20, 2012

I did it! I did it! I'm below 200!

I knew weigh-in was going to be good today. I got on the scale this morning, first thing, as usual, and it went straight to 200. I got off and back on just to make sure I was seeing correctly. It stayed at 200.

I couldn't wait to weigh in today.When Alyssa checked my weight and said "awesome," I knew it was good! I lost 2 pounds! I met my first big goal of being below 200! My next goal is to lose 50 lbs, so  I have 6.6 pounds to lose.

I weighed 142.4 when I joined Weight Watchers on Dec. 22, 2009. But, I soon found WW too difficult to follow. I eventually quit after gaining all but 7 pounds back. I really struggled, trying one plan after another. I decided on a high-fiber, low-fat diet, when my friend suggested Perfect Solutions. Everything changed when I walked in their door Sept. 7. I told Cecelia that I was lost, and they were exactly what I needed.

I'm so grateful for a plan that works. I like the limited food list, and when I make those difficult choices, like skipping the goodies in the break room and eating salads instead of enchiladas or chicken-fried steak, I see results. It's the most amazing thing. The best thing is I'm losing fat, and I'm healthier than I've been in years.

When I joined 16 weeks ago, my BMI was 43.1. Today it's 36.4. Other things they measure weekly include:
Weight                    235.6 lb       199.0 lb
BMI                       43.1             36.4
Body Fat %            48.1%          44.9%
Body Fat Mass       113.4 lb        89.6 lb
Fat Free Mass        122.4 lb        109.6 lb
Body Water %       38.8%           40.2%
Body Water Mass  91.4 lb           80.0 lb

These numbers inspire me to continue making those difficult choices.

It's time to add exercise to my regimen. PS has several workout videos to choose from, but I didn't have a DVD player that was easy to use. Then last week I saw an HD TV  with DVD on HSN and I ordered it - in red! It arrived this afternoon. I unpacked the box, found a table for it, put the stand on it, and set it up. And that's as far as I got. I wish my son was home. Where's a 12 year old when you need one?

Life is awesome!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home