Sunday, December 30, 2012

Ending 2012 on a high note!

2012 isn't over yet, but I can't wait to say what a great year it has been! I'm 43 lbs lighter than my heaviest weight. Life is easier, happier, healthier, and richer than ever.

This is the year I realized that, after 3-1/2 to 4 years, I can walk and do just about anything without pain. Once we discovered that my ankle pain was caused by gout, I took a med that alleviated the pain, and my new eating plan even allowed me to stop taking the med. It's taken a while to shift my thinking from blaming my family for my weight problem and finding a weight loss plan that works for me. But once I did, I've embraced it wholeheartedly.

I've spent countless days and hours over the past 24 years walking and exercising and not losing weight. I have managed to lose this weight without exercising. I plan to add exercise soon. I'm just afraid it'll end my weight loss progress. I saw a sign a few minutes ago that said "I'm on a 30-day diet. So far I've lost 10 days!" That was my old weight loss plan. I'm just so grateful for Perfect Solutions.

I'm back where I was the last time I went to Perfect Solutions to weigh in before Christmas. I got right back on track. The first thing Cecelia told me last week (Was it only last week? It seems like a month.) was Christmas eating is a meal, not a week. I managed to survive 2 such meals. I've been happily following the original plan since. Happily because I'm seeing progress. I'm seeing weight loss for my efforts. I even managed to get my son to eat broiled fish and salad this evening for dinner. Yea!

He's only going to be here another month (sooner if he can sell his Explorer), and I'd like to get him started on a healthier eating plan before he leaves. I'll have to find ways to cook fish so he'll enjoy the plan I'm on.

My daughter and I were talking about how I'll have to consider this my way of eating the rest of my life. If I go back to my old way, I'll be like my old me.

I'm so grateful for my friends and family and how supportive they are being. I am even starting to get compliments

2012 was just the beginning - 2013 will be even better!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home