Monday, January 7, 2013

Sticking to my plan

When I weighed in and found I only gained 2 lbs on Jan. 3, I was disappointed that I didn't stay with the plan and be that much farther ahead. Then I celebrated and managed to gain a bit more. Since Friday, I've been following the plan. Now I think I'm almost back to where I was on Dec. 21.

The good news is I'm wearing one of those pairs of slacks that have been waiting for me for a few years! I think I bought them 6 years ago when I got down to 207 or was it 2007 and I was down to 206? I'm confused.

We spent Saturday cleaning out the garage, collapsing boxes, pitching trash, and setting things aside to sell in a garage sale this weekend. Then, we went through the house looking for more to sell. According to weather.com, Friday will be nice, and there's a chance of rain Saturday. We're starting Friday, so hopefully, Saturday won't be needed.

We also set up the DVD player so I can Zumba in the morning. I have to run by HEB on the way home this evening because I completely forgot to get salad stuff and the frozen blueberries and cherries that I use in the smoothies.

I realized this morning that when my son moves out Feb 1, I'll be completely alone for the first time since 1977 when I got married. What an odd feeling. I've had a spouse, kids, and/or pets with me since, and it'll be weird to be completely alone. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I may find a stuffed animal that I can pet and talk to. I'll put it by the back door so I can trip over it when I get home like I did with the dogs and Sox.

This month we're busy preparing my son (and me) for his move to York, PA. He's just about completely packed. We're shipping his stuff via Greyhound bus because it's the cheapest. He'll be at the house for them to pick it up, and his boxes will arrive right after he arrives in York. It's bittersweet. On one hand, I'll miss having his company; on the other hand, I can't wait to have the house to myself. I'll be able to make noise in the morning, come and go as I please without having to worry about him worrying, and I can listen to the radio, motivational/inspirational CDs, or read in the evening if I don't feel like watching TV. There are so many things I've depended on my son for since he's been here. He's strong, so he's done ALL the heavy lifting, he's smart, so he's helped me figure out some logistics in the house, and he's been my go-to guy for hooking up any electronics, cable problems, changing light bulbs. He's been the person to meet with repair guys, take out the trash, empty the dishwasher, drag those huge bins to the curb. Dang, I'm going to miss him.

I bought my first Kindle book and put it in the Amazon cloud so I can read it from anywhere - at work, on my tablet, on my laptop or my desktop computer - maybe even from my phone. I'll have to check into that. I bought Skinny Thinking, and it has already helped get my mind straight. I'm about 1/4 of the way through the book, and I can't wait to read more.

And I thought I didn't have much to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home