Saturday, November 24, 2012

Halfway Between Thanksgiving and Weigh In

Today is Saturday, and I'm feeling pretty good about the choices I made Thursday. I ate a normal breakfast and a fruit before heading to my sister's for lunch.

I wore the jeans and a sweater, fully expecting comments about my weight loss. But I received none. I was really disappointed. Oh well, I'm not doing it for the compliments, I'm doing it for my health and because I want to. But it is nice to have some validation that I'm changing. Anyway, I didn't let it ruin my day.

The meal was delicious as usual. My brother-in-law makes an awesome turkey, and the rest of us brought sides. I took the layered salad, a fruit salad (which we inadvertently left in the fridge), and the bread pudding.

I served myself turkey dark meat, a tablespoon of dressing and green bean casserole (without the french fried onions), and a large portion of salad. I went back for another serving of salad. I skipped the pumpkin pie and opted for my bread pudding instead. I indulged in the bread pudding.

By the time everyone else got to the salad in the serving line, their plates were full, so there was LOTS of salad left. I'm so glad because that was all I ate Thursday evening and all day yesterday. I declared yesterday (Black Friday) meatless and ate only salad and fruit salad. I only ate them at meal time, so I don't think I overate.

This morning, I had leftover turkey and a baked apple for breakfast :O) YUMMM! My brother-in-law puts an apple at either end of his turkey, and I am usually the only one who'll eat them. They are always soooo delicious.

My salad was almost the perfect salad. It was a layer of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, more tomatoes and red bell pepper, more lettuce with celery, red delicious apples, a little more lettuce and it was topped with orange flavored cranberries. It was beautiful and it didn't need dressing. The fruit salad, on the other hand, looked awful because I topped it with frozen cherries that juiced as they thawed, so the salad took on a dark red color. But it was delicious also. It had apples, pears, oranges, strawberries, and the frozen cherries. Truly, the only thing NOT on my plan was the orange flavored cranberries.

All in all, I had a great Thanksgiving. I'm thankful that I have a diet plan that works for me. I'm thankful that my family was able to get together once again. I'm thankful that I have such a great, supportive group of friends that encourage and celebrate with me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home