Friday, April 12, 2013

Small Chica

I bought a really cute floral skirt and matching blouse to wear on Easter, but at the last minute, I decided not to wear it. It's still a bit snug, so I decided on something that was more comfortable. The other day I put the outfit on again. I had to struggle to get the skirt over my hips, but I did, and I didn't hear any stitches pop, so I considered it a success. I couldn't believe it was still so snug, so I checked the label. It said Small Chica. Small Chica!

I can't believe I bought a small, and, even more, I can't believe I got it on! I'm on my way.

Today I wore a cute outfit that's new cream colored slacks, a cute tangerine t-shirt with gold and silver stars with a short cream Weekenders jacket that I've had since 2006. And I got compliments from people on my weight loss! I can't believe that it took 50 pounds for people to start noticing.

Which brings me to another realization this week. I've lost 50 pounds, and I'm actually at the weight where people start losing weight. After 50 pounds, instead of looking like an "after" person, I'm looking like the normal "before" person. Most of the weight loss commercials feature people who have lost 50 pounds, and they're at their goal weight. I've lost 50 pounds to get to 50 pounds from my goal weight. I hope I'm saying this so you understand.

When I weighed in yesterday, I had gained 2.4 lbs! But, I expected it because I've been eating dark chocolate like it my life depended on it. Then today, we had a "baby shower" at our Toastmasters meeting, and I ate 3 (or was it 4?) cookies and a piece of cake.

We had a small gravesite service for my Dad today and a reception at my sister's. After I finished my vegetable smoothie, I ate another cookie or 2, cheese, a couple of chicken salad sandwich halves, and lots of chips with guacamole dip. My stomach was going crazy. I really have to work on my self control when food is around. I used to be better, but because of the gain, I was out of control. So, I'll be drinking water and eating vegetables like crazy.

I'm so excited because I feel like I'm doing this on my own. Not alone, but on my own because I'm not taking drugs and I'm not eating special food. I'm working on a new lifestyle that will facilitate weight loss, and if I stick to this, I will reach 135 and be healthy too. I've tried lots of new foods and alternatives to the usual animal protein.

I like nutritional yeast, quinoa, beets, kale, almond milk, and I've never tried these foods before. I have some edamame in my freezer, but I haven't tried it yet. I make a very large bowl of salad that includes a couple of bags of salad mixes, carrot sticks, orange-flavored cranberries, red, yellow & orange peppers, and kale. I make smoothies of cucumber, pear, kale and/or beets. They are so delicious. There's lots of slurping to get the last drop.

Nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavor. I like it on salads, hot foods - it's delicious. "As you can guess from its name, nutritional yeast is packed with nutrition, particularly B-vitamins, folic acid, selenium, zinc, and protein. It’s low in fat, gluten-free (check specific brands for certification), and contains no added sugars or preservatives. Because vitamin B12 is absent from plant foods unless it’s added as a supplement, nutritional yeast that contains B12, such as Red Star Vegetarian Support Formula, is a great addition to the vegan diet (though I strongly recommend taking a supplement as the only way to be sure you’re getting enough). Not all nooch has B12, so check the label carefully before buying."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home