Thursday, March 7, 2013

Still Bouncing Around 193

Dang it! I weighed in at 193.5 today. I guess I'll HAVE to add exercise.

Except for yesterday, I was able to get at least 5300 steps in each day this past week. My goal for this week is 6,000 steps. This evening I walked around a circuit in the house until my pedometer hit 6000. I actually sleep with it on so I don't miss my morning routine. I put in between 500 & 700 steps each morning preparing for the day, and it really bugs me when I forget to put it on, so I live with it now.

Another thing I've started is having smoothies every day. I may start making more than one because I really like them. My smoothies may be vegetable with fruit or milk and fruit. Smoothies help get lots of veggies in each day. I eat at least 7 servings in salads, but with a smoothie of cucumber, kale, & pear, or a cucumber, beets and pear, I manage to get in at least 3 more veggies and a fruit with each glass. My blender gets a workout every morning. Thank goodness I live alone!

I'm healthier than I have been in decades. I feel good, have lots of energy, and am looking pretty good too (even if I do say so myself). After my weigh-in on Thursdays, I go to my daughter's and fix dinner. It's my treat to them, and I get to see my grandson. Last week I made spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce with mozarella. It was the first time they tried spaghetti squash.

This evening I made quinoa and a salad with fat-free cheddar cheese. My son-in-law didn't care for the cheese, but I think he like everything else.

I saw my doctor last week for my 4-month followup, and I was disappointed that my blood pressure is still all over the charts and my uric acid level was high, so I have to take 2 new meds for that. And they're expensive. I thought because I'm eating so much healthier that I could skip the gout meds, but research said that diet isn't enough. My body makes uric acid, so I have to take something to neutralize it, AND to carry eliminate it. Did I mention that they're EXPENSIVE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home