Friday, April 5, 2013

I hit 10,000 + steps - twice!


While I was visiting Daddy in the hospital, I parked at one end of the hospital and walked to the other end where his unit was. Sometimes I walked the round trip a couple of times, and I was glad for the opportunities to do it. I passed the yellow doors, green doors, blue doors, red doors and entered through the orange doors. I averaged 7000 steps a day, with 2 days of 10,000+. I was so excited that I took photos of my pedometer and I couldn't wait to show it to Cecilia. Then the other day it quit counting steps. Maybe there was a maximum? I just bought another one this evening because I really missed keeping track of my steps and challenging myself. 

I only went to the cafeteria twice (or was it just once?) in the 8-day period I was there. I fixed my lunch and took a veggie smoothie each day, trying to be healthy even though I wasn't at home. I prepared the best I could, but I always seemed to forget something - usually a fork. One day I ate my salad with my fingers. I guess I could have asked at the nurses' station for a fork. But I wasn't all that hungry most of the time anyway. 

I managed to get below 190 to 189.5. I've been stressed, sad, angry, you name it, since January 15. My nutritionist had an expired bottle of Serenity Formula with Sensoril, and she suggested I try it to help soothe my frazzledness. I forgot about it until my boss suggested I try some sort of medicine when I was telling him about being sad all the time. I followed the instructions and took 2 capsules twice a day for about 10 days, then I dropped to 1 twice a day. Before I knew it, I wasn't sad anymore. And I think it helped me get through the tough time with my Daddy. Then I ran out!!!

When I went to weigh in last Saturday, Perfect Solution didn't have any, so I asked that they order some. I saw how stressed out my daughter was and her husband is still struggling after losing Roc, so I decided we all needed Serenity Formula. I googled stores in town that carry it and started calling around. I found 1 bottle at the Vitamin Shoppe at Alamo Ranch and made a beeline to them. I didn't care how much it cost, I had to have it. I grabbed a few capsules for myself and gave the rest to my daughter. I also talked to her mother-in-law, who is still struggling with sadness, and suggested she try it. Then when I went to Perfect Solution yesterday, and they didn't have any, I ordered 3 bottles again. Today, just after I was telling a friend that I was going to call the other stores on my list to see if I can find any more in town, Perfect Solution called to tell me that my original order for 2 bottles came in today. Yea! I feel like my drug supplier called.

I'm going to kick start my social life again. Four of my classmates came to the visitation Monday night, and one of them was visiting from Washington DC. On my way home that night, I realized that there was probably a party in the works while she's in town, so I called one of my classmates to say I was interested in joining them if there was. I got an phone call and email saying they were getting together this Saturday night for a low shrimp boil and I was invited. It's been ages since I've seen them - for several reasons, and I'm ready to make some changes. I had actually told them that I would probably be a pest once my son moved, but life has changed so much that I've been retreating to my safe and secure home.

I love my house, I'm perfectly happy hanging out here alone. I don't get lonely, I don't get bored. I love my life. 

I have plans for my house. I want to move everything out, either into the garage or a POD, and remove the linoleum and carpets, strip the concrete and polish it, replace the baseboards, paint the whole house, fixing rough spots, and maybe removing the popcorn ceilings and wallpaper. I'd also like to add built-in bookshelves in the front room and make it into a library, convert the current library into a guest room, and move the exercise equipment into the current office and move the office into the exercise room. I definitely want to replace the countertops with granite or something similar. I'm not tied to granite. I may refinish the kitchen cabinets. I say "I," what I mean is David and Vincente. I just have to nab them long enough to get them on it. I also have to have the roof repaired and my landscaper and I have plans to make some adjustments to my yards.

I spent an hour and a half pulling weeds Wednesday morning. I had on a new white t-shirt that I got in Jamaica in 2008 (and never could wear before) with my crop pants when I remembered to take out the trash bin. As I turned around to head back to the house, I noticed how awful my yard looked, so I started pulling the high weeds, and I didn't stop until all the weeds were gone. My yard looks soooo much better. It was actually hard to tell the plants from the weeds before. AND I was still clean when I finished. I haven't been able to get my hands clean again, but my clothes are still like new.

I don't know if you remember the black jeans I was able to get on. Well, they're getting too big. I wash and dry them in the dryer now, and before I know it, they're getting baggy when I wear them.

I even bought some heels for Easter. Unfortunately, I had Altar Guild, so I was going to do a lot of running around, and I volunteered to help with the brunch, so I couldn't wear them Easter Sunday. I'm glad I didn't because I also helped hide Easter eggs because the youth who were supposed to hide them didn't show up. Monday and Tuesday I could barely walk after hiding the eggs. Then Thursday I was so sore from pulling weeds. But I'm feeling great now.

My daughter asked me to talk to my pastor about baptizing her little one, and we're on for June 2. The next day, my sister asked me to talk to my pastor about doing the burial service for my dad, so we're on for next Friday for that. I love my church and my church family. God led me to them in 2002, and I've been happier than ever since.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home