Friday, December 17, 2010

Eating my way through the Holidays

I must be crazy. I've gained at least 5 pounds in the last week! Being around so much good baked goodies is driving me crazy! I was saying this morning that I had hit my limit. I didn't think I had a limit, but this morning I thought I found it. I really didn't want anything sweet or baked; I wanted a tamale, a carne guisada taco, or even menudo. Well, that didn't last long.

BUT, my body is telling me I've had enough. My mind is still in stuff it in mode, but my body is saying "Uncle!" I'm all puffy, my tongue is hurting, I'm sluggish, lethargic, and all-around blah. And it's because of all the starches I've eaten in the past week.

I have managed to get some fruit in. I ordered a vegetable plate at our Christmas luncheon today at Cheddar's; well, along with a mushroom burger. The salad filled me up. I only ate 1/4 of my burger, and 1/3 of the great steamed vegetables.

The good news is . . . I found my pedometer. It was between the driver's seat and console in my car. I couldn't find my driver's license when I was going to rent a car while mine was in the shop, and my driver's license wasn't in my purse, so the porter and I tore my car apart looking for it. That's when I found the pedometer. I had my son look through my laundry and my secretary search my office. We couldn't find my license anywhere. I finally remembered when I saw it last (in my pocket at church Sunday), and I had my son look in my bathroom one more time. That's when he found it. It was between some books on a table there.

My buddy and I haven't walked in at least 2 weeks. We promise that we'll get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I'm going to have to do it without her if necessary.

Monday and Tuesday, I boxed with my Wii. 13 minutes on Monday, and 16 on Tuesday. I'm punching and punching, but I'm not connecting. The first time I boxed, I had several KOs, but I can't seem to do it anymore. I even got knocked down once! I'm getting worse instead of better. Without KOs, I'm having to work really hard to get these guys down. If only they'd stay down!

I have been really busy lately -- who hasn't? In addition to the Christmas shopping and wrapping and decorating, I've designed our Christmas card and written the annual newsletter. I've designed some inspirational signs to give to friends, I'm working on the FOSAPL newsletter, and I have a wedding and rehearsal this weekend, PLUS decorating the church after the 10:30 service Sunday.

I have just a couple of things to get, and I'M DONE! Yea! Then I can concentrate on the reason for the season.

We'll go to my sister's Christmas Eve, then to the 10:30 service that night. The next day, I have Altar Guild, then we'll hed to my daughter's for Christmas Day. Then Sunday, I'm relaxing and recuperating!

I hope you do to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home