Friday, November 2, 2012

2 more down!

Last week I wore the lightest-weight clothing I had to weigh in. This week, I completely forgot about that and wore my "mom" jeans. It dawned on me the moment I stepped on the scale that I was probably wearing the wrong thing. But, I managed to lose 2 lbs even though I was wearing jeans.

According to their technology, I lost 6 lbs of fat because of the 2 days of no-protein detox.

I wasn't really prepared for no protein when I started Wednesday. All I really had to eat was baby carrots, apples and lettuce. But, I wasn't hungry, so it didn't really become an issue. I managed to get through Halloween and manning the candy bowl without having any candy. Then I went to bed early so I wouldn't be tempted to eat more than the tiny tootsie rolls I ate.

Yesterday I had more salad and apples. I bought some coleslaw mix at the store and had almost a whole package of my homemade coleslaw made with mayonnaise with olive oil, celery salt, and white vinegar. I love that stuff. Again, I went to bed early so I wouldn't be tempted to eat something I shouldn't.

A couple of things happened with the detox. I have to figure out what caused them - was it the vegetables or lack of protein?.

I didn't sleep well the two nights following the detox. I tossed and turned and I couldn't go back to sleep either night. This hasn't happened since I started this program. I've slept well the rest of the 8 weeks.

I itched both nights. My feet, hands, and arms itched during the night, and my back itched all day both days. I still had hives this evening. I don't think the itching was what kept me awake. I think it's the lettuce. Lettuce is one of my allergens, and I've been eating a lot of it lately.

Anna and Cecilia at Perfect Solution  want me to eat one vegetable at each meal to see if we can pinpoint what's causing the itching.

Another thing happened the first night after the detox --  I dreamed that I ate everything in sight. I woke up the next morning feeling like a failure. Then I realized it was just a dream and I actually did well.

My clothes are fitting so much better. My son said I look like I'm "sagging" my pants. I only have two pairs of slacks and my mom jeans that fit well. The others are either too big or too small (future). I'll have to look around to see if I can find anything else to wear. It's fun shopping in my closet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home