Thursday, October 25, 2012

Confession time

Tomorrow is weigh in, and for the first time since I started PS, I'm not looking forward to it. I expect a 2 lb gain this week (at least). I'm trying to figure out the lightest weight clothing I have in my closet so it's not so devastating.

I screwed up royally this week -- many times. It started Saturday when I had 2 small sugared donut holes and a raisin/cinnamon bagel. The rest of the day was good. Sunday was good. Monday and Tuesday nights I was starving by the time I got home, and I couldn't stop eating -- BAD plan.

I realized what was going on, and Wednesday, I adjusted and made sure I had my afternoon snack even though I ate 4 cookies at a lunch-time seminar. The messed up part is I ate my lunch before the seminar so I wouldn't be hungry -- and I wasn't. I proudly passed by the table laden with cookies and sat in the front of the conference room and chatted with an old friend. Then I got up, walked back out of the conference room and got 2 cookies. After the seminar, there were cookies left, so I helped myself to 2 more.

It just dawned on me that I should have helped myself to one cookie, eaten 2 bites and thrown it away.

This whole week has been all about mindless eating, reverting to bad habits, and completely forgetting all the things I've learned.

OK. Now it's out of my system. I'm miserable because I messed up so badly. I will follow the plan to the letter until Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll have another 10 lb loss for the month of November, then I'll reach my first BIG goal of weighing less than 200 by Christmas. It looks like I'll have to add exercise -- yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home