Monday, October 29, 2012

I conquered the hill!

I went straight to the Fitness Center Saturday morning and walked up that hill. When I first started walking, I realized I was walking a bit too briskly to keep up the pace, so I slowed down a bit. I wasn't in a hurry, really, just on a mission. The sun in my eyes and wind in my ears made me glad I had a hood for protection, but they weren't a deterrent. I made it up that hill with only one break. I stopped once I was almost at the top to catch my breath, but that was all.

When I got back to my car, I saw that it took 22 minutes round trip. Then I clocked the distance with my car, and it was a bit over .5 miles from my car to the top; I did the mile in 22 minutes. I'm so proud of myself! By 10:20, it wasn't humid any more, and I am in better shape than I was 2 years ago. I hope to end up in the middle of the pack Turkey Trot day instead of at the end.

My daughter wants to approve the black jeans before I wear them. Dang! Fashion police! I'm not one to follow trends, I probably started mom jeans without realizing it. I wear clothes that are comfortable. Well, truth be told, the past few years, I wear clothes that I can find to fit. My closet is full of items that are old and pretty worn out because they're old faithfuls, and they managed to fit through my weight losses and gains.

One of my goals is to be able to wear my wedding dress again. Then I can get rid of it.

In case you're wondering, I've been following the Perfect Solution plan since I got home Friday - for 2 reasons - I'm on it to lose weight, and I don't have any extra cash to buy anything that isn't on the plan.

I'm craving a piece of my special pizza. I mean really craving - I think about it all the time. The only way I can get it is to order a pizza. I can't buy it by the slice, get it at a buffet, or have it as half a pizza because it is made without sauce. The good thing is my son is getting more and more serious about losing weight too, so there won't be anything tempting in the house anymore. We've been making our own meals since I started PS, so I'm not tempted to "taste" anything to make sure it's not poisoned. ;O)

I'm eating more fruit and vegetables than I have in my whole life. I love salads, and I missed them terribly when I started avoiding food that I was allergic to. I have at least 1 apple a day, which is good. I have an apple slicer that I carry around with me because that seems to be the only way I can eat an apple. It becomes finger food once it's sliced. I don't seem to mind the browning as much as I do when I just eat an apple. My salads are still simple with balsamic vinegar and safflower oil and a bit of chicken or fat-free cheese on top. I especially like the fat-free mozzarella on my salad. YUMMM!

Today I'll take Halloween costumes to Salvation Army during the lunch hour so I'll have to eat on the run. At least I'll be getting out of the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home