Sunday, October 7, 2012

Eating Well

The food list is very limited for the Perfect Solution Weight-Loss program, at least for the first few weeks.

I've had fun trying to make the food interesting. It's challenging because salt (including celery salt, garlic salt, seasoned salt, and onion salt) is not allowed, and I'm allergic to garlic and onions. The food actually tastes like it should, not like everything else. 

Some of my meals included things like spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and grated Parmesan/Romano cheese.

I have a whole egg and egg white with a sprinkling of fat-free cheddar cheese and diced pieces of turkey bacon made into an omelet for breakfast.

One of my favorite foods is cole slaw. I make it with mayonnaise with olive oil or with balsamic vinegar and safflower oil. Either is delicious. 

The nutritionists at PS suggest steaming our food in Ziplock steamer bags. When I steam my protein, either Tilapia (fish) or chicken breast strips, I usually throw my vegetables in the bag with it. It's a one-bag meal. 

I went out to eat three times this week - I had Tilapia with veggies twice and a salad with shredded chicken. I skipped the bread, hushpuppies, tartar sauce, and chips that came with the meals. I feel so in control!!!

Today I had a tuna/egg pancake -- oops, that means I had 2 eggs today ;o( and I put it on a bed of cole slaw. It was delicious!

Since Sept 8, I haven't had bread, pasta, salt, or sugar. I used to eat peppermints all the time. I haven't been tempted to have one, even though there's a cup of them on the dining table.

I bought a couple of fruits that weren't on my food list. One was the most delicious honeydew melon I've ever tasted and the other was a pineapple. After I finished the honeydew, I noticed it wasn't on the list. That's when I noticed the pineapple was missing as well. I cut it up and took it to the office.

Apples aren't so bad after all. And I really enjoy eating oranges. Strawberries are in season, so I've eaten my weight in strawberries. Having 2 fruits a day has really been a treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home