Saturday, October 27, 2012

Another 1 bites the dust!

They say confession is good for the soul. I can only attest to the support and good wishes I received from my friends because of my confession. It's funny--I received an email reminding me that these things happen and we should learn from them and that planning is key, a friend called to let me know that it's not the end of the world and I can get right back on track, and I even ran into a friend who read my blog, which is totally weird in the first place because we work in different buildings, and she was also very supportive.

Then when I went to weigh in, I felt so much better and lighter (mainly because I was wearing the lightest-weight clothing in my closet--totally inappropriate for the weather) that I was disappointed that I lost only 1 pound! Call me crazy, but I couldn't help but have a positive attitude.

Without my saying anything, Cecilia said she wants me below 200 by the New Year. Gosh, isn't that what I was saying?

This week has a 2-day purge in it. I'll do it Wednesday & Thursday. Vegetables & fruit only. She said I'd be hungry, but she gave me some recipes that I can eat to stave off starvation.

I have 3 pairs of black jeans that have been hanging patiently in my closet since 1989 or so. I might have been able to wear them in 2006 when I lost weight, but it wasn't for long. I tried the jeans on this morning. I can get them on. I can button one pair, but can't quite get the zipper up. The other 2 are tighter, and I can't even begin to close them, but I can get them all the way up! That's an accomplishment. I also have a pair of blue jeans that I wore in 2006 that I'm dying to get in. I'd like to wear at least the black jeans by Nov. 9. I should be able to do that. Then the blue jeans by Thanksgiving. I'm still shopping in my closet. I wore a blouse that I wasn't able to button last time I tried.

When I finish this blog, I'm going to the Fitness Center to start practicing walking the killer hill that I have always avoided. The Turkey Trot is Nov. 17, and it starts by going up that hill and walking the rest of the 2 miles around the campus. The last time I did the Turkey Trot, I was the second last to finish. That hill almost did me in. It was humid, and my lungs were screaming. I couldn't catch my breath. I was ready to turn back when a friend walked by and encouraged me to continue a little longer. This year, I want to be the encouraging one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home