Saturday, September 15, 2012

If at First You Don't Succeed

I haven't given up! I did quit Weight Watchers in June, but I haven't given up on losing weight. It's been so hot this summer that I haven't walked after work. Occasionally I would walk around the block at work during lunch. And I'd go to the gym occasionally. Nothing stuck, nothing enticed me.

I've blamed my mother for my weight problem all these years. I thought I was being a realist, looking at the situation as it was. I also repeated more times that I care to think about that I can't lose weight. I've done some of the same things as my friends, and they lost weight, but I didn't. I was stuck.

Desperate, I asked a friend to coach me because I wasn't able to get motivated to make the changes. He is one of those people who decides to do something, and he does it. I've always admired that in him. He's also the one who introduced me to Jim Rohn, Wayne Dyer, and Deepak Chopra 24 years ago (24 years?!!!) through his incredible library of books, tapes, and CDs.

One thing my coach did (probably in desperation) was suggest I study Dr. Wayne Dyer's Excuses Begone!, which is about changing your mind and how to get rid of negative thoughts. Study it I did.

I listened to each CD many times and rewound them many times so I could take notes. I listened at home, in my car, and at the office. OMG! I didn't want it to end.

Because of Excuses Begone!, I've been really paying attention to my thoughts. I've been censoring my negative thoughts and not letting them actually form. It's easier than I thought. I can see why one friend would say "that's not my truth" a lot when we were together. Another always says "I'm so happy that . . ." and she'd find something positive from our conversation and repeat it.

I'm surrounded by wonderful people. I've been listening to and studying EB for a few weeks while I was trying to find some way to lose weight. I signed up for Tai Chi at work, and I've been really working in my house to declutter and rearrange things.

My "not my truth" friend suggested I check out Perfect Solution Weight Loss. I found their website and called a mutual friend who was successful because of them. They both raved about their successes, so I made an appointment for that evening. I mentioned to my "I'm so happy" friend about my plan, and she told me she lost her weight through them.

When the student is ready, the teacher will come. I went Friday evening and signed up. The 2 nutritionists I talked to talked really fast. I think I only caught 75% of what they said, but what I heard was GREAT! Even though I had spent $103 on groceries the night before, I still had to buy food that I could eat on this plan. I spent another $39, planning to start right away when I got home. Once I got home, I ended up eating some of the "off plan" food that I had on hand. The rest either went into the freezer or to my daughter's.

When I got on the scale Monday morning, it skipped past a big number. I was so surprised that I assumed I wasn't seeing the right number, so I got my glasses and tried again. The scale adjusted a couple of pounds, but it showed a 5-lb loss! I even jumped on it a couple of times to make sure it wasn't stuck. WOW! Talk about being motivated! Five pounds in 2 days! Incredible. That means I'll be at my goal weight in a little over a month! Reality check! But, I can't wait to get back on it in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home