Saturday, September 15, 2012

Incredible Results


When I went to Perfect Solution Thursday to weigh in, I'd lost 8 lbs in 6 full days! Incredible!

I followed the plan, and the weight just fell off. Although 8 lbs isn't enough for people to notice, I notice, and it feels like success and that I finally found the key. 

A couple of days before my friend suggested Perfect Solution, I decided that the starches I ate were going to be high-fiber starches. Perfect Solution doesn't have high-fiber starches, but healthy, natural starches like veggies and fruit. This is the plan for me. I know (and have for about 30 years) that my body doesn't process starches well. I've had incredible results with Atkins and anything that limits starches. So, this plan is perfect for me. I'm getting the vitamins and minerals that I would miss eating the other starches like bread, whole wheat pasta, etc.

I'm satisfied, and I like the food. Right now, my food list is very limited, which is a good thing. I am finding food allergies that I didn't realize I had (-- more foods?!). I was eating all kinds of vegetables - spinach, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and cauliflower in my salad at lunch and steamed cauliflower and carrots at dinner. The back of my hands itched so much that I couldn't sleep. I couldn't figure out what the problem was. Then I ran out of cauliflower. My hands didn't itch. Wow - it was the cauliflower! Of course, I realized that after I bought another head. Dang! Do I want to test it to see if it was the cauliflower or assume it was? It's not deadly, just a loss of sleep from itchy hands.

Wednesday, I added radishes and mixed spring greens to my salad and my lips itched immediately after I ate it. I assumed it was the radishes, so I haven't had any more. I had spring greens in my salad yesterday, and my lips itched again very slightly. It may be the spring greens. Spinach is listed as a slight allergy for me, but it hasn't bothered me at all alone or with other benign vegetables like mushrooms, carrots, and tomatoes. My dressing of choice is safflower oil and balsamic vinegar. 

My breakfast has consisted of sauteed spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and egg whites. Very delicious.

I got on the scale this morning, and it showed a hair short of 10 lbs!!! Incredible!!!

I'm feeling so in charge of my life, in control, successful, motivated, and ready to continue.

My front and back yards have been landscaped some, and it's a little cooler in the morning, so I headed out to the back patio this morning before sun rise and enjoyed the cool fresh air and a cup of coffee. Then I turned on the light and read some of Dr. Wayne Dyer's "Your Erroneous Zones." It was a beautiful way to start the day.

Suddenly, at 8:30 this morning, I got the inspiration to take the stack of paint cans in the garage to the recycle center. That was so easy. All I needed was a copy of a CPS bill and my driver's license. They opened the trunk and unloaded it. They're nice and efficient.

The garage looks better. I've been saying that the first cool Saturday I would clean out the garage, so I did some out there. I actually moved all the empty boxes into one place. There's now a 3-foot x 3 foot x 4 foot (36 cu ft) tower of empty boxes in my garage. Usually when it seems time to clean it out, it's only empty boxes. The first time I realized this, the kids were about 10 & 12. We got out there to clean and once we collapsed all the empty boxes, we realized there wasn't much else to get rid of. I stood in the middle of the stacks of collapsed boxes and said "Hi, my name is Alana, and I'm addicted to empty boxes." It's a thing. I didn't disposed of them today for 2 reasons. I'm still decluttering, and my recycle bin is full from the previous week of decluttering. It's amazing how much stuff my son and I have cleared out of the house. Considering I've been here 32-1/2 years, it's not so amazing really.

I'm actually thinking of having people over. First time in 3 years!

Now, I'm ready to relax a little and enjoy the beautiful weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home