Saturday, July 14, 2012

Time's Flying


I cannot believe how time has flown since my last post. I can't even tell you what I've done, but I'll try.

Most recently (July 9), my daughter gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. His name is Rex, and he was 7 lbs, 9 oz., 19-3/4 inches long, and he looks exactly like his big brother Roc.

As Area Governor for H-84, I finished the Toastmasters year better than expected. My club, Slick Talkers, had enough points to earn President's Distinguished. This means that we accomplished 9 of the 10 things required to be President's Distinguished. All 6 of my clubs ended the year in good standing, which means they all had at least 6 paid members! The hardest part was trying to convince the club officers that these things are important enough to take time out of their busy schedules to take care of them. The clubs that have the hardest time are those with very few members. The officers have to take care of everything, and burnout comes easy.

I gave the second speech to complete the High-Performance Leadership project that organized the Slick Talkers 20th Anniversary Fiesta. Now, I'm waiting for the Leadership Excellence award to arrive in the mail. I gave a couple more speeches, and now I'm 2 speeches away from DTM!!!

My son and I served hot dogs and hamburgers to our Toastmasters club at our last meeting. It was fun, and because almost everyone pitched in and brought something, it didn't cost us too much. What a great group!

I am now on vacation for 2 weeks. I'm hoping to help my daughter's family ease into having 2 precocious children.

I haven't taken 2 weeks off in decades!! Today is my first day (Saturday), and I'm already losing track of the days. I got up early and went to the store, then the bank (which wasn't open yet) and the pharmacy. I put the groceries away, ate breakfast, and headed back to the bank. Then I ran by the office to pick up a couple of things that I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home