Thursday, December 30, 2010

A New Day, A New Attitude

OK, let's get started.

It's time to do the right thing. It's time to make the right choices. It's time to follow the plan or ANY plan for that matter. I weighed in today, and I weigh 224.6. It's not as bad as I expected, but it's not good either. I'm not going to beat myself up about it; that wouldn't do anything but make me feel even worse.

I've coasted, doing my own thing, for a month, and it's just made me miserable. As I mentioned before, my stomach is messed up. Like it hasn't been in years! I haven't been this out of control in many years, probably at least 4 years.

When I joined LA Weight Loss in 2006, I followed the plan religiously, and the weight dropped off. I looked really good, and my stomach was healthy and it could handle anything I ate. The difference between then and now is I didn't eat garbage like I am now. You know something's wrong when you have to have a couple of Tums after every meal. I think I'll start tomorrow by following a cleansing routine. I have to buy black-eyed peas anyway, so while I'm at the store, I'll find something to help clear my system. Maybe a package of Ex-Lax ;O)

When I was a child, my mom used to say that whatever you do on New Year's Day, you'll do the rest of the year. I really don't know if that's true, but to make sure, I NEVER cleaned house on New Year's Day. I think this year, I'm even going to do that differently. To tell you the truth, I'm tired of being in a messy house. Part of the reason is I'm so tired when I get home, and with the free-lance work I do, I'm stuck at my computer all evening for several nights in a row. Then before I know it, the house is overwhelmingly messy.

I spent a couple hours last night writing thank you notes for the gifts I received for Christmas. Then I actually made a list of what I received. If you've ever done that, it's an eye opener. I found how truly blessed I am because of all the gifts bestowed upon me. The list includes 23 people! And some gave me more than one gift! I'm humbled and suddenly I don't feel like I deserve what I've been given, which, I guess, makes them gifts.

Anyway, this post should probably be in my Personal Development blog (so you'll be seeing it there as well :p

I started out today with an on-plan breakfast: 1 slice bread (1pt), 1 slice cheese (1pt) 1 egg

I'm taking my 1pt bread slices with me to the cafeteria so I can get a sandwich and salad for lunch. (update: I got a turkey/swiss cheese sandwich with lettuce & tomatoes & mustard and a salad with greens, 1 boiled egg and 2 tbsp black beans and ranch dressing on the side.)

I'm not wearing pockets, so I have my pedometer in my bra. It's not counting the steps correctly, so I'll have to figure out a plan B.

Something I read recently said the boxing on the Wii was a good form of exercise, so I'll be seeing you in the boxing ring!

For dinner we had Little Caesar's pizza. I think I ate 3 pieces. Then I made the mistake of opening a box of dark chocolates. I lost track of how many I ate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home