Thursday, December 23, 2010

I've been out of Control!

What's wrong with me? I've been completely out of control with all the goodies that have been around for the holidays. It isn't bad enough that we have things at the office, but they're at home as well. There's a can of 3 flavors of popcorn. I've been good with it, all in all. But it's the cookies, candies, and tamales that have me spiraling back to where I started. I weighed 228 this morning! That's absolutely unacceptable. This was definitely a wake up call. I couldn't get my rings off this morning. The swelling has subsided, but I still feel bloated.

I was going to take a dump cake to my sister's for Christmas, but I scratched that off my list. I'm taking brownies and baked brie instead. The brownies are a better choice because a batch of brownies is much smaller than a dump cake. And I won't have to take the leftovers home.

Today I'm eating the roast I cooked in a crock pot yesterday with the carrots, onions and potatoes. I'm going to drink at least 8 glasses of water in addition to my coffee. When I feel the urge to eat, I'll have a glass of water first.

I hate that I feel roley poley and fluffy. I could almost be Santa.

My son and I have lots of errands to run today. Thank God I have the day off so we can take care of several items while fighting the crowd of half the city instead the whole city tomorrow. I'm starting by heading to the grocery store right now with a list. I stuck to the list, and I think I did a good job. Hopefully, I'll have enough money to cover the trips.

Instead of taking a dessert to my daugher's for Christmas, I'm taking fruit salad. I got canned fruit (which I'll drain) with no sugar added, bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, raisins, and some nuts. If there happens to be whipped cream available...Yum!

I've been good today - eating wisely, mainly because we ate all the sweets yesterday. I have been drinking water before eating - when I remember! I'm so unconscious most of the time.

My main new year's resolution this year will be to be more observant, which I hope will translate into being more conscious.

Food:
green bean casserole
roast beef with carrots and onions
roast beef sandwich with double fiber bread and mayo
last little piece of white chocolate candy that I made
handful of bite-sized tortilla chips

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home