Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

When I got on the scale this morning, I'd lost 2 lbs! I guess in the back of my mind, I felt this weight was temporary, so I could go crazy knowing it would be off in no time. Bad way of thinking.

I was pretty good today, until I went to my sister's. But I expected it, so I cut down on the carbs and when I made a sandwich at my sister's, I didn't use bread, just lettuce, cheese, mustard, and meat. I did have a couple tamales and a couple cookies. I made brownies and candy to take, but left the tray at home (I'll take it to church Sunday). I did take some tamales and baked brie (YUM!)

We exchanged gifts at my ex's and my sister's. Tomorrow morning my son and I will open gifts, then we'll go to my daughter's and open the rest. I've received some cool gifts. I haven't opened them all yet, but the ones I have so far are great -- a puzzle in the shape of a butterfly, with butterfly shaped pieces, cookies, 3 dozen tamales (I love tamales), a bar of soap in a really nice box, a robe (how did she know), a really pretty sweater, a web camera and headset (my secret Santa gift), a digital key chain (I'll definitely load it with photos of my family), a box of dark chocolate candy, homemade dark chocolate candy, gosh, I've been truly blessed.

For tomorrow's dinner at my daughter's, I'm taking a 9-layer salad and Hungry Girl's Kickin' Cranberry Slaw. It's awesome! I made it for Thanksgiving, but I forgot to take the leftovers home, and I was really disappointed that I didn't get to eat more of it. It was really good! I already told my daughter that if I forgot this one, I was breaking and entering to get it this time.

Anyway, It's 1:30 Christmas morning, and I guess I shouldn't have had a cup of coffee when we got home from church at 1:00. Oh well, I don't have to get up early, so I'll enjoy more Christmas movies before I slumber.

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home