Saturday, February 9, 2013

No longer obese

According to Perfect Solution, I am no longer obese - I'm overfat. That may not seem like much to brag about, but, it's a sign of progress.

Although I gained .6 pound, I lost 5 pounds of fat according to their scale.

I've been eating 3-4 servings of vegetables a day. Once I learned that I'm supposed to eat 7-9 servings of vegetables along with the 2 servings of fruit, 1-2 servings of protein, and 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, I really increased the amount of vegetables I eat. Unfortunately, I didn't increase the amount of water I drink, so I'm again suffering with constipation.

So Cecilia gave me 2 assignments. One is to drink 2 liters of water a day - one liter before lunch. If I haven't finished it before I leave for lunch, I'm to chug it down before I eat lunch. The other is to be finished before I leave for home. If not, I'm to finish it on the way home.

I stopped at Walgreen's on the way back to the office yesterday (about 12:00) and bought two one-liter bottles of water. I finished one before I went home, and I drank the other before bed. Today I had the first liter down before I even went to work, and the other was finished before I headed home from work.

My other assignment was to wear my pedometer and show it to her next week. My goal is 10,000 steps. Today, without doing anything special, I have walked 4700 steps. So, I have a way to go.

Tomorrow I have a full day planned beginning with altar guild at 9:00. Then I'm meeting a friend to shop and head downtown to the Mardi Gras parade. We'll end the evening at Ding How with some coworkers and friends.

As it turned out, my friend is not feeling well, so I'm on my own. I took care of altar guild duties then headed to shop to look at flooring options.

I stopped at Too Good To Be Threw and Furniture for a Cause. At Too Good . . .  there was a bedroom set that includes a headboard, night stands with drawers, and a wardrobe with doors that will hold my TV and accessories that was $699. It had stains, but everything closed and opened, so I'm very interested. It matches the entertainment center, a bookcase, and a desk armoire(?) that I already have.

Then at Furniture for a Cause, I found some chairs that I really like.

I ended up at a Tuesday Morning that I never knew existed at Colonies North. There I fell in love with a white shag rug that felt soooo soft and fluffy that I couldn't resist buying it. After I wrangled the 5-foot carpet into my 4-ft car in the rain, I couldn't wait to get it into the house. It's now under my coffee table and it really brightens up my living room.

All this shopping, and I still only have 4500 steps. Hopefully I'll be able to actually check out flooring stores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home