Monday, November 12, 2012

My first gain ;O(

Friday I went to the Perfect Solution center feeling a little ambiguous. I knew I hadn't followed the plan to the letter, but I tried to undo my mistakes by drinking lots and lots of water. The scale showed a 0.6 gain. Considering all the things I did that were against the plan, that wasn't bad. But, now I'm 3.6 pounds behind (according to my time line).

They put me on a special diet to undo that week of Halloween candy and non-lean proteins. That's OK. I need to learn how to handle life's little ups and downs.

I've had a cold and sinus problems all week. A visit to the doctor at work helped me get better. I'm taking Musinex along with Prednisone, Claritin and an antibiotic and sugar-free cough drops.

I stressed out all week because of my cold and hoping I'd be able to do the wedding at church Saturday. By then, though, I felt much better, and I was blessed with 5 helpers who made my work much easier.

Yesterday after church, I took my meds and took it easy. My head is still full, and now my nose is running. I hope that's a good sign.

Perfect Solution had a Thanksgiving dinner for us Friday night that was delicious! They showed how we can substitute some of the high-calorie and high-fat foods with delicious choices. There was a dressing made with quinoa, spaghetti squash with zucchini, cauliflower potatoes, bread pudding made with Ezekiel bread, and we got all the recipes! Of course, they started with a 15-minute presentation (lecture) about high-fat, high-calorie choices and why should avoid them. It was fun meeting other people who have been "under the care" of Perfect Solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home