Friday, October 12, 2012

Another 2 bite the dust!

I changed my weigh-in day to Friday because I could leave work early instead of taking a long lunch. Honestly, I think the long lunch was a better idea. But this gives me one more lunch hour to do something like shop or walk around the block. Unfortunately, I'll probably spend it working. Yesterday, I worked straight from 8:00 am to 8:45 pm. My butt hurt from sitting so much. But, I digress.

I was a bit nervous this time at weigh in because I blew it Wednesday bad! My son and I went to a speech contest expecting to have something to eat because it was from 7-9. When I got home from work, I made a quick cole slaw and gobbled it down what I could while I was freshening up. When we arrived at the contest, they offered snacks - Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies and packages of cheese and peanut butter crackers and iced bottles of water. I held off until the break when I got a package of cheese crackers and a package of cookies. I ate them both. Then at the end of the meeting, I got another package of each. When we got home, I ate them, breaking 2 rules - eating after 8:00 and eating crap! I also broke my rule about taking 2 bites and throwing away food that wasn't on my plan.

I ate every crumb - even though I didn't enjoy them. Then shortly afterward, guilt set in. I felt so guilty about eating these horrible foods. I've never felt like this before. Then, about 2:00 a.m., my stomach rebelled. Cecilia said it would happen eventually if I stayed away from this kind of food long enough. She was right! I truly expected to have blown my diet. I was afraid that what I'd accomplished in almost 5 weeks was chemically balanced, and I blew the balance and all loss would come to a screeching halt. Thursday and today, I was extra good, except last night when I ate after 9:00 because I got home so late from work.

When I weighed in today, I was very pleased to hear that I lost 2 lbs! That makes 26 pounds in all since I joined Weight Watchers December 22, 2009. Twenty-six pounds in 3 years isn't very impressive, I'll grant you that. But it's 26 pounds! I've actually lost 19 lbs in 5 weeks, and I'm so excited. If I continue to lose 2 lbs a week, I'll be at my goal weight by July 20. I still plan to weigh 135 by 5:00 on June 4. This means I'll have to add exercise to my plan. DANG! Diet AND exercise - how cruel ;o(

I've actually reached the point where I don't get hungry much anymore. I can't believe I just said that. Since I was 8 years old, I've always been hungry or eating so much that I didn't feel hunger.

We went to Alamo Cafe this evening for dinner, and I had my usual shredded chicken salad. It has guacamole and cheese on lettuce, shredded chicken, and a sprinkling of other vegetables and tomatoes. It's very good. It doesn't need dressing because it is awesome just like it is. I really enjoy this salad. As a matter of fact, that's what I've been ordering there for the past 2-3 years, and I'm not tired of it yet. I used to order something different each time we went, but once I tasted this salad, I've pretty much stuck with it. I had 2 tortilla chips after I finished the salad. They seemed a little stale, so I didn't eat more. And I drank unsweetened tea.

I'm really excited about the changes I've made and the choices I continue to make. I plan to stick with this plan until I reach goal. Of course, I said the same thing about Weight Watchers, but I've not been successful with WW in the long term. There are too many choices, and I couldn't find a combination of foods that served me as well as what I've found through Perfect Solution. The great thing about PS is I'm not taking pills, no special anything that will end once I reach goal. That's what I like. It's something I think I can continue through to goal, maintenance, and the rest of my life.

My clothes are starting to feel loose, my tops are feeling big. I have 3 pairs of pants that I can't wait to wear. One pair fits now but a little too snug. I wouldn't want to commit to a full day of wearing them just yet. I think 10 more pounds, and I'll be in them. I think I wore them when I was at 206 before.

So far I've been able to wear a couple of tops that have been lost in my closet. The last time I wore them, they were snug, so I put them aside. I have t-shirts that I bought in Jamaica in 2008 that I've been dying to wear. And I found a t-shirt that says "Objects under this shirt are larger than they appear" that I'd love to wear again. I bought it about 1988 or so. I just couldn't get rid of it. It's too cute.

I wore a skirt yesterday! And heels! And pantyhose! Of course, my feet hurt and the pantyhose were itchy by the time I got home, but I felt great being able to wear them again. The last time I tried to put them on, I got them to my thighs and gave up. I don't remember when I wore a dress last. I'm thinking it was around my daughter's wedding 5 years ago in September. That's way too long.

I can't wait to be able to cross my legs. Of course, with artificial knees, I probably shouldn't. But knowing I can will make a world of difference. I'm sure lots of these things will come back about 170-180 pounds. That's when I lost some of these things and I had to start taking medication. I'm assuming that things will change dramatically at that point. That's only 36-46 pounds, which may be 6 months from now, but it's something to look forward to.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home