Thursday, September 20, 2012

Weigh-In Day #2

After losing 8 pounds in 6 days, I didn't know what to expect for this week.

I celebrated my incredible weight loss by making a delicious dish from the recipes Perfect Solutions included with the materials. It was sooo good I had a hard time keeping to the serving sizes. I actually had it for lunch and dinner a couple of days and snuck a serving in for a snack.

Then the weight loss stopped. I immediately blamed PS for including such a good recipe that it couldn't be good for losing weight. Anyway, once I realized I wasn't drinking water like I did the first week, I managed to get my head back on straight. I got right back on the plan and followed it to the letter (well, except for the water). The scale seemed to be stuck most of the week. But I continued to be active and drank water whenever I remembered.

Then a couple of days ago, the needle on the scale started moving again. YEA!!! It was just the encouragement I needed to continue.

My weigh in was great - I lost 3 more pounds!!!

I knew when I started this plan that I was in the right place. (Remind me that I said this if I get discouraged.)

I've always lost weight on plans that don't have too many choices. I start out OK on plans like Weight Watchers and LA Weight Loss, but the choices and freedom get to me every time. I definitely have to work on my head so I can stay at my goal weight once I reach it.

In 1977, we followed the Atkins plan, and before I knew it, my pants fell down at work! I did OK on Weight Watchers 30 years ago because the food choice was stricter, and bread, pasta, and rice was rationed. I was successful on NutriSystems because they supplied the food. Then I ran out of money.

Life-Long Goal Weight

I have dieted myself to this weight, and now I have the key to diet myself to my life-long goal weight.

Ever since I was 15, I dream of weighing 135 lbs. When our driver's licenses listed our weight, mine said 135 - even if it was obviously 50 lbs off.

About 20 years ago, I tried playing a trick on my subconscious by setting my scale to my goal weight. And you guessed it - it was 135 lbs.

Once again, my ultimate goal weight is 135. I don't know how realistic it is, but for now that's the plan. In the meantime, I'm chunking it down by 10 pound intervals. So, I've reached my first goal - 11 pounds down!!

Cecilia wants us to lose 30 pounds before Thanksgiving so we'll be motivated to just say "No." Actually, she said we could cheat 3 days a year - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and our birthday. I'm all for that - I mean losing 30 pounds before Thanksgiving. Now, I know that's a possibility. Especially if I stay the course.

Adding Weights to My Weight Loss Plan

Yesterday, my son and I bought a set of adjustable hand weights - the kind you can set for 5-30 pounds. I've been wanting to get something to work on my arms. My triceps (is that what you call the skin hanging down?) have been out of control for years. I looked in the mirror one day, and lo and behold, I had wings. Where did they come from? And, while I'm at it, what happened to my small waist line?

So, I took a few minutes this morning and worked on my triceps (not much because I didn't plan it). It's a start. I plan to do something every morning and evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home