Thursday, August 19, 2010

Journey to 135, Weigh-In Day

I have my fingers crossed that I do well today at the Weight Watchers meeting.

I try not to think about the scale and make permanent lifestyle changes instead. Because we have to measure our progress and evaluate and adjust, the scale is a part of the process. I noticed my neck is starting to develop a wattle. And I have loose skin around my middle. These things were not there before. Actually, they were, but filled in, so they didn't feel so weird. I do walk faster and taller than I did before. I can just imagine how awesome I'll feel when I finally arrive at 135!!!

I think I undid all my good work this week in the last few days. I'll see how well pizza and fajita tacos work on a weight-loss plan.

Well, I gained .4. My chart is consistent. I lose 5 weeks and gain. As long as the losses are more than the gains, I'm on the road to 135. But my son and I have discussed that customer appreciation pizza is a thing of the past. We'll have to find something else to have for a treat that's better and more nutritious. And, I didn't HAVE to have the flour tortillas with my fajita meat. Plus I didn't HAVE to have that slice of bread dipped in the meet drippings.

After the meeting, I walked about 1.3 miles to drop off Avon orders, pick up returns, and pick up a free lunch - Rudy's Bar-B-Que with all the fixin's, mmmmm!

I got to babysit this evening. We went to Alamo Cafe to meet a friend. I enjoyed myself and ate like I wasn't trying to lose weight. But, it wasn't too bad. Of course, I haven't added the points. The whole day has been a disaster diet-wise. After dinner, my grandson and I went to HEB. He ate grapes while we shopped. At first I held a couple of grapes under the vegetable sprayer to rinse them off. Then we went to the water fountain so I could rinse some off. He ate them while we shopped. I hope I can be forgiven for letting him eat grapes before I paid for them. I guess I should have weighed them before. Gosh, now I think of that.

Food:
2 egg whites with 1 tbsp cheddar cheese
6 oz bar-b-que brisket 1/2 link sausage with 2 tbsp bbq sauce
1/2 c cream corn
1/4 c pinto beans
3/4 c peach cobbler
1 sl white bread
2 beef puffy tacos w/guacamole, rice, beans
12 tortilla chips
2 glasses sweet tea

Now that I see it all listed -- it's not good. Maybe I should be tracking this all day instead of waiting until the end of the day. Then I'd adjust my eating at the end of the day to accommodate the unfortunate choices during the day. I wasn't expecting Rudy's BBQ when I made the plans to go to Alamo Cafe. I should have adjusted and had a salad instead. I actually would have been perfectly satisfied with a taco salad or something like that. This is still a learning curve -- as long as I learn from each experience, that is.

Exercise:
Walked 1.3 miles and I have the blister to prove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home