Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Journey to 135, Still Have Mo

If I don't watch it, I'll get so small, the wind will blow me away. Wouldn't that be nice? Actually, I weighed about 216 (unofficial) this morning. My face is starting to show some contours. They're subtle, but there are definitely changes. In the photo to the right, my face is very round, and I weighed less than I do now.

I finally have Mo (momentum) going for me after yo-yoing for almost 3 months losing and gaining the same 2-3 lbs. Although I knew it was because I wasn't following the WW plan, I raised my hand when our WW lecturer asked how many felt they were on a plateau. I wasn't on a plateau -- I was in control, but I'd relinquished it to that damned little voice. That was a turning point for me. To get momentum back on my side, I increased my walking, stopped listening to that little conniving, lazy voice that wanted me to stay fat, and started counting points (sort of). I definitely started making better food choices. And it's paying off. My walking and weight loss partner started having problems as well. Maybe I was a bad influence.

Now that I'm in the 210s, I lose another point. I started at 28, now I'm down to 25. I do worry that I may lose enough points that my metabolism will slow down more. When I was on the LA Weight Loss plan, I was losing weight like crazy. Then, when I got to a certain weight, my eating plan changed, the weight loss stopped almost immediately, and I couldn't get it going again. I wasn't walking or exercising then because it was before my knee surgeries. Maybe that would have helped. Actually, every time I walk, I can add 2 points back to that day's count. I should do it for the extra snack I can have ;O). But that would be rewarding myself with food. ;O( Gosh, I'm going to have to figure this one out.

I made egg salad to go in my spinach/lettuce salad for lunch.

A group from work toured Haven for Hope today. The tour had us standing outside in the heat (shaded for the most part, but still hot) most of 2 hours. Then, back at work, I walked to another building for a meeting. I wasn't up to walking after work.

Today was customer appreciation day at Little Caesar's. A pizza for $5!

Food:
2 egg white omelet with mozzarella cheese (3)
10 baby carrots (1)
salad of spinach, lettuce, and 2-egg salad with salad dressing, mustard, and sweet & dill relish (7)
1 bag animal crackers (5)
1 med avocado (8)
3 slices Little Caesar's pizza (18)

Exercise:
Touring Haven for Hope
Walked to and from Adm bldg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home