Friday, July 30, 2010

Weight Loss Journey, Challenges

We walked again today. That makes 4 days this week for me. We walked 4 laps on the 1/3-mile track at the fitness center. It was 98 degrees out, and neither of us was complaining about the heat. Maybe it wasn't as humid. As a matter of fact, when I commented about it, my walking partner said she was complaining on the inside. She didn't want to say anything negative. I really like this snapping thing.

I was teasing that before we knew it, we'd be playing soccer or kick ball. Watch out world!

Now I just have to stop eating so much when I get home from walking. I'm hoping I'll get used to the routine and not feel like I deserve more food because I walked.

I tried another new recipe today from the old Weight Watchers cookbook. It was Ricotta-Parmesan Pasta. I ate both helpings (16 pts) even though it wasn't all that good. I probably won't make it again.

My son is in El Paso. He's closing a chapter in his life by getting all the stuff he left there when he came back in January. So I'm "batching it" this weekend. So, what did I do? I walked after work, ate too much for dinner, and fell asleep in my recliner about 8:30. Wow! Watch out world ;O)

Tomorrow I have 2 challenges -- a baby shower and dinner with some classmates at a Mexican restaurant. I should probably look up their menu online and pick out what I want to order ahead of time. When I've done that, I don't even look at the menu. I just order what I already decided on. It saves money and calories. I just searched Felix's and they don't have a menu online. I'll just have to look for a salad even though I'd prefer something like puffy tacos or enchiladas. But that would be self defeating.

I'm still listening to Belleruth Naparstek at least once a day.

Food:
Sandwich with whole wheat bread, 3 egg whites, 1 tsp salad dressing (4 pts)
Sandwich with whole wheat bread, chicken salad, lettuce, tomato slice (10 pts)
1 dill pickle spear
capellini with ricotta-parmesan sauce (16 pts)
12 large marshmallows (5 pts)

Exercise:
Walked to and from Toastmasters
Walked 1-1/3 mile
Jumped down someone's throat (does that count as exercise?)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home