Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weight Loss Journey, Weight Loss ;O)

I woke up at 3:50 this morning (as usual), and instead of just going back to sleep, I listened to the guided meditation by Belleruth Naparstek again. In no time, I was relaxed and back to sleep (I hope that's a good thing). It's interesting that when the guided meditation ended, I woke up.

A couple of years ago, a friend who was learning hypnosis asked me to help her practice. I was not only hypnotized for free, but I also got a CD of the session -- WOW! I listened to it faithfully every night. She recorded the whole session, including the end where she counts to wake me up. So everytime I listened to the session, I woke up at the end, and sometimes I couldn't go back to sleep. I mentioned it to her, not as a complaint, but as a suggestion that she stop recording before that part or reword it so the person doesn't wake up if it's at night.

Anyway, I ate the same sandwich I had yesterday for breakfast, but today I added something else. I counted to 30 between bites. That really slowed me down, and I actually tasted the food. Now I'm not sure if I like the cheese I had in my sandwich. ;O) I have to decide -- good taste -- low calories and fat. Hmmm . . .

I just got back from the Weight Watchers @ Work meeting and I lost 1.4!!!

So my Official weight is 221.4. I've lost 21 lbs in 29 weeks :( I seem to be a slow learner. Maybe I'm a slow burner. Now that I'm fired up, I hope I keep the momentum.

To keep the Journey theme -- I've finally stopped going in circles. I was doing well until May 13, when, for some reason, I seemed to get off course. Now, I have my map, I'm hitting the "Restart Button," and I'm back on track.

My Personal Development coach said that I have to work through the days that I don't feel like eating the right foods, getting the exercise, or drinking the water. I have to do it even though I don't feel like it. For a couple of reasons: I'll feel better after I've done it, I'll build the good habits, and there will be consequences whichever I choose.

I really prefer the consequences of doing it even though I don't feel like it. That's why I like having a walking partner (my navigator). We walk even though there are days one of us doesn't want to. We do it because we should, and heck, we have our clothes with us, we might as well put them to work.

Weight: 221.4

Food:
2 slices whole wheet, double fiber bread
1 slice low fat American cheese
2 egg whites
1 serving of Scallops, Pasta & Pesto
8 pieces of WeightWatchers Original Multigrain Crisps (BLT)
2 Church's chicken thighs, 2 biscuits, and a small Diet Coke
1 pkg of chocolate covered peanuts (2.5 servings) :(
about 15 pretzels

Exercise:
Walked to the Weight Watchers @ Work meeting.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home