Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weight Loss Journey, Getting Back to Counting Points

Write this down -- I walked 2 miles again today! I'm shooting for 5 days a week this week and maybe next. Then I'll go for 4 days a week and keep it steady at that as long as I can.

An interesting thing happened yesterday. When I woke up, I weighed 225 (not official), but that wasn't good. Then last night, I weighed 220. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we supposed to weigh more at night than in the morning? I hope that means I'm losing weight.

Another interesting thing happened yesterday. I started counting points again. I knew this would happen. For a week I wrote down everything I ate, purposely leaving out the points, and then I started adding the points to the easy things. And before you know it, I'm looking up points and reading labels again. I guess it was inevitable. Of course, it's not the worst thing that could happen.

I guess you noticed the graph on the right. I've been keeping this since January. It tells a good story. At first it showed that I'd lose for 5 weeks, then gain; lose for 5 weeks, then gain; lose for 5 weeks, then gain. Once I saw the pattern, it stopped. But it wasn't a good stop. I've floundered for 2 months. Now that I see that pattern, I'm hoping to stop it in a good way.

My walking partner and I are going to do what we can to lose at least 30 lbs by Christmas. If I do that, I'll have lost 50 lbs in a year! Now that we're building a pattern and doing what we can to be more conscious about our choices, we should gain momentum and having big Mo on our side will help a LOT according to Darren Hardy's Compound Effect CD.

It's crazy, but I almost can't wait to weigh in Thursday. Go figure ;O)

Food:
2 serv oatmeal with 2 pkts Splenda and 1 carton unsweetened applesauce (7 pts)
1 small gala apple (1)
2 serv. Potato/Kale soup (5)
3 serv. macaroni salad (1 lunch and 2 dinner) (6)
hamburger made from 1/2 turkey breast and ground round (no fat at all), 2/3 fat cheese (1 pt) and 2 slices whole wheat, double fiber bread and mustard.(9)
2 peppermints (1)
1 pkg WW multigrain crisps (2)
Total points: 32

Exercise:
Walked 2 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home