Friday, October 29, 2010

Here's the Deal . . .

It's been a while since I've been here. Thank you for noticing. There are several reasons (excuses?) I haven't written in my blog. That period of rest I thought I'd have until Thanksgiving didn't happen . . . I've been busy at night on my computer until I literally fall asleep at the keyboard.

Unfortunately, there's been no time to blog.

PLUS, my rick-rack weight-stay chart has been so depressing . . . I didn't even want to think about it. Yesterday instead of going to WW@W and weighing in, I stayed in my hidey hole and worked.

WELL, my walking partner (who's having the same issues) and I discussed our lack of weight loss and our lack of walking routine. We decided that we'd get back to tracking our points. Because, truly, that's when we did the best. I know everyone tells me that, and I believe it, but I HATE paperwork, and tracking is paperwork to the nth degree. Not only do I have to write it down, most of the time there's research involved. Like reading the nutritional ingredients, using the tool to count points, and THEN writing it down. Too many steps, too many opportunities to get sidetarcked, etc.

OK, I got that off my chest!!! Let's get started.

Today is the Diversity Fair at work. I heard some hauntingly beautiful music that I just had to get closer to hear. On my way to the stage, food literally called my name (well, not food, but someone wanting to share their excellent corn), and I couldn't ignore it. I ate the corn, visited, and finally got to the stage. Listened to the music, talked to the musician, and headed to the cafeteria to get a salad. While walking back through the gauntlet (food booths), more food called my name. This time it was tamales and a bunuelo (I shouldn't eat it if I can't spell it, right?)
I did get to visit with friends while I was there, and I really did resist the good booths that were recommended to me. AND I heard some beautiful music. So, I consider this a win!

Plus, I went to the doctor today, and my blood pressure is 121/80! Yea!
My weight on her scale (wearing jeans and shoes) was 222.

I'm the Wedding Coordinator for my church, and we have a wedding tomorrow. The rehearsal was this evening, and although it will be an easy wedding, my team also has Altar Guild this weekend, so I have double duty. By the time I left the church, I had been on my feet for 2-1/2 hours, and my legs (actually my feet) were beginning to cramp. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to drive. But I stopped by Sonic and got a Diet Coke with Vanilla easy ice (my usual) and an applie with caramel dip. I relaxed there for a few minutes while I ate my apple, and then I fought traffic and long lights all the way home ;O(

In a bright note, my son started dinner, so I only had to finish it, and eat it!

I have to be at church tomorrow about 12:30 to finish preparing for the wedding. I should be home and taking a nap by 4:30-5:00.

I counted the number of points I get for Weight Watchers, and it's dropped from 28 to 25! Yikes!

Food:
grilled cheese sandwich (still) (4)
salad with black beans and boiled egg (7)
small tamale (2.5)
small bunuelo (2)
3 chicken thighs (9)
1 apple (1)
1 caramel dip (2)
2 slices low-cal bread (2)
30 = 25 +5 Extras
35-5 = 30 extras left

Exercise:
5797 steps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home