Friday, October 15, 2010

Back to Basics

Things have gone crazy. I was so busy for the past 3 months that I sort of put my life on hold. Now that I survived the proposal, gave the speech on Sept. 15, enjoyed our 40th Class Reunion, and helped with two Toastmasters demonstration meetings to start new clubs, I find my calendar unusually clear. It feels odd, yet refreshingly free!

This is how it usually starts. I have lots of free time on my hands, so I say OK to something, then something else pops up, then before I know it, my calendar is so full I'm meeting myself coming and going.

I do have some things to do the next couple of weeks: finish the Christmas newsletters for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, edit and produce the Friends of the Library newsletter, go to the Toastmasters Division H speech contest, attend a Mind-Science Foundation Lecture about Meditating Selflessly, and coordinate a wedding rehearsal and wedding.

Back to my weight-loss journey (remember that?)

I knew I was especially out of control last week. The food was so good everywhere I went. Most of the time, it was all you can eat. And I can eat a lot. One of the best things that happened was the panoramic photo we had taken of our class. A friend used my camera to take a photo of the group once we were assembled. I'm right in the middle of the group, standing behind those sitting. I look like my grandmother. Not bad, but it's not what I want to be. I'm 58! I realized the other day that that's just 2 years from 60!!! Yikes! If I want to live a long, healthy, happy life, I have to get started NOW!

I want to be thin. I really want to be thin. But I have a hard time doing what needs to be done to be thin. Deja vu! I think I said these exact same words when I first started this blog.

You can tell by my chart that I completely lost momentum May 25. I spent this entire session of Weight Watchers @ Work treading water. Bouncing back and forth around the same 3 lbs. That's crazy! Actually, insanity is doing the same thing you've always done and expecting different results. So, I'm not crazy -- I'm insane!

When I was 14, I decided to start a simple exercise plan. I wrote down on a piece of paper 10 exercises, and I decided to do 10 of each every night. They were the typical 14-year-old exercises -- jumping jacks, toe touches, knee bends, etc. I did them every night, and before I knew it, I was doing 15, then 20. I actually started seeing results; after a couple of weeks, my thighs didn't rub together and my waistline was more pronounced. You know, there's no reason why I can't do something like that again. I definitely need to catch Mo!

I decided at the beginning of this week that I would eat 5 servings of fruits or vegetables every day, and I've had at least 4 every day. Sometimes it was all carrots, or I'd eat pineapple chunks. I definitely have to go to the store tomorrow because we've been out of groceries since Monday. We've been fast-fooding it the last 3 nights. And that's expensive, both monetarily and nutritionally.

We walked Tuesday night -- we didn't even make 1-1/2 miles. I am so out of shape. We think we can go at least 4 nights next week. I'll have to see when the A/C man will come by, and I'll walk the rest of the week. My Pedometer is getting rusty from lack of use ;O).

Food:
2 servings of grits w/margarine
salad with 1 tbsp ranch dressing and mozzarella cheese
1 bag fritos
jumbo jack with fries

Exercise:
NONE! I'm not even going to kid myself. I sat on my butt all day at the office then came home and watched 2 episodes of Matlock. I love Matlock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home