Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Class Reunion Time!

I'm leaving for my class reunion. I'm not leaving town, just heading to the other side for the next 4 days. Now that I see who's coming to the class reunion, I'm thinking I should have taken this weight loss journey lots more seriously ;O) Oh well, if they don't love me for me, blah blah blah.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't really enjoyed life very much. I don't have time to walk, I don't have time to sit in my recliner. My cat enjoys it much more than I do. I don't have time to read. And I miss those things terribly. Truly, when you stop and think about it. These things aren't things. They're activities that I usually do to keep my sanity. And I haven't even had a chance to do the minimum.

Ths class reunion may send me over the edge. I'm going to spend time with people, who for the most part, I don't know. So I don't feel trapped, I'm taking my car whenever I can. I'm staying at my sister's because she lives much closer than I, and it'll save time and gas so I don't have to make the 30-mile trek twice a day or spend the night with lots of people, which makes me very uncomfortable. I'm learning more things about myself at the tender age of 58. Crowds have always bothered me. I realized last spring that to me, 6 people is a crowd. So, armed with that info, I can plan ahead and prepare an escape route if necessary. I guess I'm a loner -- a lone reed!

Anyway, I'll report back on Sunday (unless I can sneak to a computer sometime during the week.) Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home