Saturday, October 2, 2010

Speech Contests Are Bad for My Health

I ate my weight in cookies today. Guess what? My sense of taste has come back. Is that good news or bad news? The sad part is I really didn't want cookies (who said that?) I really wanted something salty. And only sweet things were available at the speech contest today. Last week, the tables were full of salty snacks: pita chips, tortilla chips, dips, and some candy.

I don't judge contests for the food; that's just one of the perks. We also had brisket and turkey from Grady's. I always like Grady's food, especially their catfish! Yum!!!

This evening I had another free meal at church. We had a dinner catered by Acadiana again. And again, they served the same chicken on rice with green beans and peach cobbler. It was good, but an odd dish to serve at a harvest dinner. Acadiana has good food, why chicken on rice? I love their chicken and dumplings. YUM!!

Food:
large bowl of corn flakes and skim milk
cookies, 1 donut
spearmint jelly candies
brisket and turkey, cole slaw, beans, potato salad
chicken on rice, green beans, peach cobbler

Exercise:
1147 steps (got to move more)
10 squats holding onto kitchen sink. I was surprised about how far I can squat, almost with my butt touching the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home