Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weight Loss Journey, Step Aside Mo

I'm so excited! I stepped on my scale (not official) and I weighed 217! I haven't been that far below 220 in 2-1/2 years! I feel like I found the magic combination: Eat less and exercise more! Who woulda thunk . . .

I'll let you know how I did with my choices. The weight loss may have 2 effects - I might "celebrate" or I might want to continue the momentum. Having big Mo on my side will help, so I think I'll try to keep it around.

Well, Mo had to step aside today, but not too far away. I ate 20 potato chips, 15-20 York peppermint pieces (like M&Ms), a egg salad sandwich with a croissant, a small piece of cake, and a slice of a cookie/fruit pizza. On the way home, I realized I could have taken the top off the sandwich and saved a lot of calories. I'll keep something like that in mind for this evening.

Well, the good thing is I only had $6.50, so I couldn't go crazy ordering dinner. That was a good thing. I actually had a hard time finding things I could afford to get. Oh, I could have borrowed some cash from someone or used my card, but I chose to spend no more than the cash I had on hand. So, I got a burrito with beans, beef, cheese, and stuff. It was large and filling. And I drank 2 large glasses of water. I was commenting that everything I eat these days seems to need salt. I have never been a salter, but lately, I salt practically everything. Could it be because I'm sweating buckets when we walk? Maybe the salt deposits on my nose from the plugs in my tear ducts is depleting my natural salt supply, causing me to crave salt.

Don't think for a minute that the burrito was all I ate. I ate a whole bowl of tortilla chips and the bowl of salsa that came with it. And I had a buttered corn tortilla. So, basically, dinner was my complete day of points. I should consider that 35 extra points gone.

Now I'll have a couple of tums. My tummy isn't so happy.

Food:
2 egg white sandwich with whole wheat bread
croissant with egg salad
potato chips
small slice vanilla cake
1 slice cookie/fruit/cream cheese pizza
York mint pieces
burrito
chips/salsa
2 corn tortillas (they were stuck together ;O)) with margarine
2 large marshmallows

2 Comments:

At August 1, 2010 at 6:35 PM , Anonymous Gail said...

Found a great place to eat if on Weight Watchers or any other plan: HuHot Mongolian Grill! You can fill your bowl with lean proteins, tons of veggies, and non-oil sauces and it is delicious!! Check them out at I-10 and DeZavala!

 
At August 1, 2010 at 7:41 PM , Blogger aww said...

Thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home