Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting back on track

The last few days have been torture for me. But, you know, I've learned something. I can stick with it even though it's tough. When I showed a gain last week, the nutritionists put me on a very strict plan for the week - egg white omelet, salad with lean protein for lunch and dinner, and 2 fruits. I didn't notice the lack of food Saturday and Sunday, but Monday, I was starving. I was hungry all day. I couldn't wait to get home to eat. I even had a sausage link with my salad instead of a lean protein, but other than that, I stuck with the plan.

Yesterday was OK. I was hungry at the usual times. When I got home I realized I didn't eat my afternoon snack. That's bad because I'm supposed to eat every 3 hours so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. This morning it looks like I've lost at least 3 lbs this week. Yea!!!

I'm on the back end of a cold. My head is still stuffy and I'm still taking Mucinex and Claritin. But I feel good. I guess this is the way my body handles the weather change.

Next week is Thanksgiving. I'm actually apprehensive. I'm taking a salad and a fruit salad. I'll put the fruit in the bowl and add the whipped cream after I get my serving of fruit. I'm thinking about a layered salad with lettuce on the bottom, then tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, red delicious apples, celery/lettuce, mayonnaise dressing, cranberries, cheese and bacon bits on the top. It's a version of the 9-layer salad I've made since in my 20s. It should be a green/red/white stripey look in a glass compote. I've even thought of layering the fruit so it'll be decorative before being consumed. And I'm thinking of taking a couple of the dishes we were served at the dinner last Friday. They were so good. I've studied all the recipes, and I am having a hard time deciding. I'm definitely taking the spaghetti squash dish and possibly the bread pudding if I can find Ezekiel bread. Is it at Sprouts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home