Friday, November 30, 2012

0 weight lost, but 4 pounds of fat gone

Because I'm in Chicago this week, I weighed in Monday. The scale didn't show a weight loss, but it showed that I lost 4 lbs of fat. This is still confusing to me. I was told that it means my body is reshaping itself.

I definitely feel better. When I compare the weight I lost (29 pounds) to the weight of my suitcase, which was about the same, I can't imagine carrying that weight around anymore. I look better, but I still have a long way to go. My pants are really baggy. I have to buy either a new pair of black pants or a dark navy blouse to wear a pair that fit well to the awards ceremony next Tuesday. An option is to wear the same top I wore at the 30-year awards. I really don't want to do that. I do have another couple of pairs of pants that I may be in by now. I'll have to try them on when I get home. But I'd like to have some black pants anyway.

I walked to Macy's last night and tried on a pair of size 16 slacks that fit, but they were too long. I found the Macy's claustrophobic (it was a small store with 8 floors), so I didn't stay to try on others. Once I get back to SA, I'll either head directly to the store from the airport or drop my son home and shop later. It felt good that I could wear those slacks for sure.

Except for a large cookie during the afternoon breaks, I followed the plan the best I could. I've been eating 2 scrambled eggs every morning with water. Lunch and dinner have been salads with chicken, no dressing. Today's lunch was pizza, rolls with sausage, and pasta with cheesecake for dessert. I headed up to the restaurant to get a cobb salad. I ordered it without dressing, but when I got back downstairs and started eating, I realized it had the dressing. A lemon vinaigrette that was absolutely delicious. I chose not to take it back. It was too good. I may have another for dinner.

I don't weigh in again until next Thursday. I hope I show a huge loss. I'm dying for a great big glass of almond milk. I haven't had milk all week, and I miss it. I usually add either sugar-free chocolate syrup or sugar-free vanilla. I like both equally.

I haven't used this trip as an opportunity to forget my weight loss journey, and I'm pretty proud of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home