Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm a Loser!

I lost 2 more pounds!!! Yea! My BMI has already changed from 42.7 to 40.3. I'm motivated.

I'll have to admit that I'm getting tired of spinach omelets for breakfast, so I've mixed it up a bit. This morning I had an omelet with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites with a few canned mushroom slices and a tsp of fat-free cheddar cheese. YUM!

Today's lunch consisted of Bill Miller bar-be-que chicken, 1/4 dark, no skin. YUM! I had a coleslaw salad with Balsamic Vinegar and Safflower Oil. It was surprisingly good.

I did pretty well considering all the cheats this week. Friday night I visited a friend who was in town and drank a couple of glasses of wine and a shot (or 2?) of coconut rum. We ate honeydew melon that I took. Then Saturday, I babysat and didn't have time to cook a decent lunch or dinner. My son-in-law bought chicken strips, salad greens, and a pint of cut fruit, which was my snack. Sunday I did pretty well, eating honeydew melon every chance I could. I baked Kale to make chips, which was delicious. I also made a spaghetti squash and ate it with a spoonful of marinara and grated parmesan/romano cheese. Delicious. Wednesday I was in Junction, so I didn't eat correctly then. I'm hoping this week will be more back on track.

After I finished the honeydew melon, I checked my food list, and lo and behold, it wasn't on my list. DANG! Then I checked the list for the pineapple I bought. Pineapple wasn't on my list either. DANG! So I cut up the pineapple and took it to the office.

I feel great! Monday night I mowed the front and side yards for exercise. Man, I was tired when I finished. But it felt good to be able to do it without pain and palpitations. I keep reminding myself that I'm doing all this at the tender age of 60. That makes me feel even better.

I have a couple of challenges ahead this weekend. I'm going to a bar-be-que party, Saturday. I'll take cole slaw and pray they have chicken. Then Wednesday, I'm meeting friends at Mimi's Cafe. There really isn't anything on the menu that I can have, so I'll have to order off the menu. Usually, nice places like that are pretty accommodating. I'll have steamed vegetables (dry), house salad with vinegar and oil dressing (maybe I'll take my own) and grilled chicken breast (no salt if possible). Oh, I also have a free breakfast Wednesday morning that will include tacos and fruit. I may have breakfast at home and the fruit as a snack. Yeah, that's right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home