Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On the Road Again!

I went straight to the scale this morning because I've been so good, and I was rewarded with 217! Of course, I've been here before. I feel like I've been on one of those circles and can't get off. I remember when I was 16 and we spent the summer in New Braunfels. That circle in downtown NB made me a nervous wreck. I'd sometimes go around 2-3 times because I was too terrified to get off.

Well, maybe that's what's happening to me. I'm getting into new territory, and it's scary. Truly, I'm learning my limits, and I'm losing slowly. And slowly is the way to lose weight. Right?

Losing weight is hard. We want to do it quickly. Why? Probably so we can get right back to eating like we did before. Which is dumb! We all know it's dumb, but how many times have we lost weight only to gain it back and then some. Actually, I've dieted myself to this weight. Sad, but true.

So, the smart thing to do is to learn something along the way so we can enjoy a different journey.

I used to have a poster that reminded us to enjoy the journey. And that's what we should do. Enjoy the lessons, enjoy the triumphs, enjoy the off-scale victories, enjoy the things we learn about ourselves and our resolve.

So far, this journey has led me to my walking partner, and a great group of people in our Weight Watchers @ Work program. I also started this blog, which is cathartic for me. I'm putting myself out there. I'm stretching and growing. So far the sights and sounds have been worth the sacrifice.

Hey, it's not like I'm not enjoying a good meal occasionally. I HAVE to learn how to incorporate the real world with the weight loss world. One of these days, I may actually really believe that half a cookie is just as good as 3! I'd probably get hauled off for being off my rocker. Oh well!

Food:
2 egg whites with red bell pepper and mushrooms (0)
salad with 1 boiled egg, lots of field greens, broccoli, cauliflower, bacon bits, and a light vinaigrette dressing (4)
1 small slice cornbread with honey butter (3)
1 turkey sandwich with whole wheat bread (2) and dijon mustard (4)
1 sausage link with 2 slices bread and dijon mustard (6)
1 lemon LA Light bar (old, but it was sweet) (4)

Exercise:
2 miles (4800) + 3947 steps = about 8747
Unfortunately, my pedometer was in my car when we walked the 2 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home