Sunday, August 15, 2010

Journey to 135, My sense of taste is gone! 10-08-15

OK, something's wrong here!

I decided to have a doughnut today after church. When I was almost finished eating the doughnut, I realized it was tasteless. I don't get it. Food doesn't taste good anymore. I started noticing it when my Diet Cokes with Vanilla (Torani's Sugar Free syrup) didn't taste good anymore. I bought some M&M's Friday morning, and they didn't taste good. I eventually finished the little package, but I didn't enjoy them. So, you might ask...why would I eat them if I didn't enjoy them or they didn't taste absolutely fantastic? I don't know!!!

I had a friend who didn't have a sense of smell. Nothing tasted good to her, so she had to have spicy or rich sauces on all her food. And at restaurants, she always asked for extra sauce. I have a sense of smell, but my taste buds seem to be on sabbatical. Wouldn't you think this would make me pause before eating? Well, like I've said before, "I'm a tough nut to crack!" It'll take me a while to get the message that food doesn't taste good, but I'll eventually get it. Like after I had my knees replaced, it took a while to retrain my brain. Now I have to train my brain that food is for nourishment, not pleasure.

Today about 3:00, I was nodding off at my computer at work, so I decided to go for a walk. I actually look forward to my walks after work now. I walked around the block of 3 buildings. And it really refreshed me.

This morning I had a little vision problem that I thought might be caused by my blood pressure, so I pulled out one of my monitors and it was 116/65. I don't think my blood pressure has ever been that low. I'll have to go check it again when I finish this blog. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

Food:
2 egg whites/"No fat" refried beans, mozarella cheese (4)
whole wheat spaghetti, tomato sauce, 1/2 Italian sausage (6)
cheese sandwich (2 slices whole wheat bread, 2 2/3 fat cheese, mustard) (4)
whole wheat spaghetti, tomato sauce 1 Italian sausage (11)
25 points total

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home