Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weight Loss Journey, Playing Hookey

Today is Sunday, and I'm playing hookey from life. I've been reading a Janet Evanovich novel about Stephanie Plum (Fingerlicking Fifteen), and I'm cooking for next week. So far I've baked 4 small potatoes and a batch of Potato and Kale Soup. Later today I'll make Salisbury Steak. I can't find the written list for what I bought groceries for, so I'll probably have to go back to Sunday's blog post to see what I listed. Maybe another goal should be to be more organized.

Sunday's post had the list I needed. I made the Black-Eyed Pea salad, Macaroni Salad, and Salisbury Steak. I still didn't have Worchestershire Sauce, so I tried Soy Sauce instead, and I didn't have red wine, so I tried red wine vinegar instead. I don't know that the vinegar was a good sub for red wine, but the soy sauce was OK.

I ended up with lots of BLTs (bites, licks, and tastes), so I probably went over my points for the day. But I have lots of stuff for lunch next week!

Food:
1 egg with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread (not grilled) (6 pts)
1 small baked potato with 1 tbsp lite margarine and salt and pepper
2 servings Potato and Kale soup (YUM!)(4pt/serv and 10/2 serv)
2 serving black-eyed pea salad (2 pts each)
1 serving macaroni salad--had to make sure they tasted OK ;O) (3 pts)
1 serving Salisbury Steak (6 pts) with 2 serving instant mashed potatoes
1-1/2 glass chocolate milk
2 peppermints (1)
34 points (8 over)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home