Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Too Busy

I haven't had time to blog lately because life keeps getting in the way. Rain kept us from walking last week. This week, I have so much work to do that I'm staying until 6:30 to keep up.

I had an opportunity to do some fun things last week. Two dear friends and I went to a Toastmasters meeting for people who want to perfect stand-up comedy. It was an interesting experience. They "forced" us to do a stand-up routine. My friends were hilarious. It was actually a lot of fun. I was surprised at how little they laughed at each other's jokes. I can't help but think that was the reason they don't seem like they've been at it for a year. Then Saturday, I judged 3 humorous contests and 3 Table Topics contests. The food there was snacky food. Then at 4:00, I was offered a half a Subway turkey sandwich. It was DELICIOUS!

Sunday after church I visited my daughter and her family. They were preparing to go for a walk, so I joined them in my church clothes. Thank God I wasn't wearing heels. The 4 of us walked about 1-1/2 miles and chatted. I really enjoyed myself. My daughter was shocked that I was able to keep up with them. I don't mind telling you that I got hot. I was wearing long sleeves and slacks. They were in shorts and walking shoes. My shoes were comfortable except they cause blisters when I don't have hose on, which I didn't. I really miss walking after work.

Today I walked to the cafeteria, and then an hour later, I walked to the admin bldg. I'm really watching what I eat. No, I'm not on a seefood diet. I'm really trying to be good. I'm making better choices when eating out.

Food:
grilled cheese sandwich (lo-fat cheese and whole wheat bread) (4 pts)
salad with 1 tblsp vinegar & oil based Italian dressing.
3 slices Little Caesar pepperoni pizza (Customer appreciation day ;O))
1 pear (canned in light juice)

Exercise:
3611 steps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home