Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weight Watchers & 5K

I joined Weight Watchers Dec. 22, 2009, because I was 110 lbs overweight and it's time to take care of my health. I joined before Christmas to save myself from having to lose more than 110 lbs! And it worked! I was one of the few people who didn't complain about how much I ate at the Christmas meals, and it felt really good.

I've lost 20 lbs so far. Considering it's already June, that's not really good, but at least it's a loss!

Weight Watchers started a Walk-!t Challenge to walk a 5K on June 6. They had a plan where you can work up to the 5K with a plan that starts you off for 10 minutes, and before you know it, you're walking 3 miles! I started walking by myself, but it wasn't fun at all. I finally enlisted a fellow WW friend to walk with me. We started out walking 2 times a week, about a mile each time. Soon we walked 2 miles, then we mapped out a 3-mile route and walked it the Saturday of Memorial Weekend.

We walked 2 miles the Tuesday before the Challenge, 3 miles that Thursday, and the 5K Saturday! There were 6 of us, and we had fun. It took us less than an hour! I'm pretty proud of myself.

I plan to continue walking, and maybe one day, I'll walk 10K! My friend and I plan to continue the 5K route. Unfortunately, I injured my foot, so I didn't walk tonight, but I will Thursday for sure and maybe Friday too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home