Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Eyes, Part 3

I don't know that I've been doing anything so important that I couldn't continue to write this blog. Let's start by saying that so far, we've found nothing that could be causing the diplopia (double vision). The brain scan was good. I have no hemoraghing, no mass, nothing that seems out of place.

So, I went for an echocardiogram. The echo showed something that concerned my cardiologist, so I went to the Methodist Hospital for a TEE, transesophageal echocardiogram, which showed nothing but some plaque forming. So far, so good. I went back to the lab for a sonogram of my carotid arteries. Nothing remarkable there either. There was some plaque, but nothing to be concerned about.

We are assuming I had a stroke. If so, it was so mild that there was really no side effects except a little memory problems and one night when my blood pressure spiked. Other than that, no symptoms, no aftereffects.

And that's a good thing. EXCEPT I still have double vision. I had a designer do a photo of a flower that shows what I see so I can show it to the doctor tomorrow for yet another appointment. This will be the third Ophthalmolgist to help me figure out what is going on. I'm guessing if he can't figure out what's going on, a neurologist is the next step.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home