Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Passion Week

This past Sunday, our Rector issued a "challenge" to attend every service during Passion Week. He said it would be an awesome experience. I'm looking for awesome, so I went Monday, Tuesday, and this evening. So far, it has been awesome. The Gospels are building up to the crucifixion and finally His resurrection. I can't wait to go home and share the lesson with my son.

Tonight's lesson was betrayal and how to handle someone who betrayed you. Jesus knew that Judas would betray him, and he let Judas know by dipping a piece of bread in wine and feeding it to him. According to our visiting priest, this little act seems inconsequential to us, but according to the custom, if you break bread with someone, you consider them part of the family. Even though Jesus knew he was going to be betrayed, he still showed love toward Judas.

So, the lesson for us is to love those who've hurt or betrayed us. Love on them. Forgive them. We don't do it for them, we do it for ourselves. That's what Jesus would do, and so should we.

I've been betrayed by two people, and I've held a slight grudge against them for almost 20 years. Well, I've decided to forgive and forget. We'll see how that goes.

BTW, I still haven't heard from the Doctor about my brain scan. I'll have to make time to call tomorrow to find out if they saw anything I should know about.

Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home