Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cashews, Chocolate, Cadbury Cream Eggs, Oh My!

After my last blog, I was challenged to give up chocolate for Lent. I'd rather cut off my right arm!

But, the thought intrigued me - Can I go 40+ days without chocolate?

My challenger suggested I could do it for Jesus. So, I have to know - does that mean ALL chocolate or just chocolate candy? I just bought a large jar of Mocha Slim Styles, which I have for breakfast every morning. If I can't have that, I'll have to get a jar of Vanilla.

My nutritionist and I had a talk the end of January about what I should do next. After a year of losing only 15 pounds, and losing the same 5 pounds over and over for the last 9 months of that, something had to change. We decided to let me go on my own for a month. February probably wasn't the best month to wing it, because it was a VERY busy month.

My grandson Tyson Andrew Tyler was born Feb. 3, and I had jury dury Feb. 4. Then, of course, there were the trips to my daughter's house to see the baby and family. I finished an online newsletter for one of my free-lance clients. I took a trip to Phoenix that included lots of food and a couple of glasses of wine. When I returned from Phoenix, I went straight into 2 weeks of overtime at work and producing a print newsletter for another free-lance client. Before I knew it, February was over!!!

When I weighed in this past Thursday - I'd lost 1.6 pounds!!! Yay me!

Yesterday was so busy that I didn't have time for lunch - well, I did have an ice cream cone from Sonic - if you can call that lunch.

At 5:30, I ate the left-over chicken cordon bleu that I took to work for lunch. Then I worked until about 6:45 and headed home.

I craved chocolate. I haven't had any since the weekend, and I had to have it. I stopped at CVS, and they had a sale on goodies. Cashews - buy one, get one free. Cadbury Dark Chocolate bars - buy one, get one free. and I had to have a couple of Cadbury Creme Eggs.

I opened the can of cashews on the way home, and before I knew it, I was dumping the salt from the can into my mouth!!!

I stepped on the scale with dread this morning - I lost 2 pounds!?! Don't do this to me. This sort of gives me permission to eat lightly salted nuts . . .

If you're easily embarrassed, you might not want to read this next part.

A friend and I were shopping one day for a night gown. She said she needed to buy some red panties. "Red panties?" I inquired. "Yes, red panties are power panties. I want them to wear to meetings. That way, my body and spirit knows they're there, and it'll give me more confidence." OK, that sounded like a great idea. But she didn't want any that were french cut, hipster, thong, or any of the newer styles - she wanted briefs. "You mean, you want power granny panties?" I asked.

After we got up off the floor from laughing at ourselves, we each bought a pair of red panties. I thought it such a great idea that I bought 4 or 5 more pairs over the next few months, and before I knew it, I was wearing red panties all the time.

A funny thing happened next. Things changed in my relationships. The man I was dating either changed, or I saw him differently. In a couple of months, we stopped dating, and I was OK with that. Someone I had known for a while who really interested me, finally asked me out. I think he felt the same. We went out a couple of times, and then he disappeared and married someone else. Then there was a long, dry spell. I started thinking about what had changed in my life, and I realized it was the power granny panties!

I mentioned it to my friend, and she thought back and realized things had changed in her relationships as well, so she immediately took action and stopped wearing them. I, on the other hand, didn't get the hint. I continued to wear them another 3 years or so - I happened to love the style of panties I had. Then, about 9 months ago, I stopped wearing them. I got other panties in other colors, and waited.

Nothing changed, so I took another step and threw all the red panties away. Still nothing. OK, I took another step and bought pink panties. Still nothing.

Oh well, so it's not the panties. It must be me. I have to work on me a little more.

So, the journey to 135 continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home