Monday, September 16, 2013

Confidence is a size 12!

I wanted to wear jeans to work. But the ones I have are too baggy. Since I'm in a size 12 now, I felt like it's time to wear things that fit better. I shopped in my off-season closet and found a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear since 1988 because they were too tight. They're size 16x32, Wrangler for Women; so old, they were before "vanity" sizing.

These were jeans that I never expected to wear again, but I kept them - just in case. I was shocked when they fit. They're at least 4 inches too long, so I rolled up the bottoms and headed off to work feeling pretty satisfied with myself.

So many good things are happening since I decided to get serious about losing weight; I've been feeling so much better about myself and much more confident. I still feel like I'm getting younger every day.

I didn't have anything planned for today, so I took my time getting ready, then headed to the mall. I parked in my usual lot and headed to Dillard's at the other end of the mall, waving to the hair stylists I saw last Saturday when I got my hair cut.

Something else I needed after losing 50 lbs was a bra that fit, so the first place I headed was the lingerie department at Dillard's. I saw someone working there that I hadn't seen in years! Because I was the only customer and my old friend and her coworker are still learning, they deferred to the sales lady who'd been working at Dillard's for 38 years. They helped me pick out a couple of bras, and when I put the first bra on, I called to the ladies and they trooped in the dressing room with me and talked about the fit. We did that for the first 4 or 5 bras I tried on. Then other customers came in, and I sort of felt abandoned. Isn't that funny?
One of the ladies found 2 pink bras for $18 each, and of course, I bought them and one that is a leopard print.

With my new foundations tucked under my arm, I headed to try on clothes. I've been needing pants for a while, and I figured I'd at least try some on to see what I liked.

The first pair I tried on was Hugs by TanJay. I tried on a size 12, and I could get them on, but I couldn't get the zipper up, for 3 reasons - they left-hand zip (I have a hard time with that), the zipper was "scratchy" and didn't want to go up, and they were too danged tight. I tried on a 14, and they fit like a glove. Then I found a blouse that I liked.

I wore the new pants to church, and I love them. They are a snug fit, something I'm not used to, but they're very comfortable. I liked them so much that I headed to Dillard's after church to see if I could find more. The only Hugs they had weren't in my size. Bummer! But I did find something by Allison Daley that I liked. Olive green slacks (size 12S), that fit very well and a Hawaiian print top that goes with the khaki Hugs I got, the olive pants, and the black ones I got last week. I'm all about versatility.

Does it feel good to be able to shop anywhere!!!! It's weird to actually see sizes that are too big for me. This time last year, I was trying on 3X. Today, I'm trying on 16 or large tops and 12 bottoms! Mediums are a bit snug, but not for long!!! What an awesome experience.

My goal is to weigh less than 180 by Oct. 1. That means I'll have to be really good while on vacation. I don't think that'll be a problem. My friend in Atlanta and I are going to a seafood restaurant and a Founders Day Festival. I'm hoping I can control myself in those venues. Other than that, I plan to share my salads with her and keep on my eating routine.

This is my usual routine:  On a typical day I have a Slim Styles (protein shake) with unsweetened Almond Milk, sometimes with coffee instead of water (yum), and sometimes with either Torani Sugar Free Vanilla syrup or Lite Hershey’s chocolate flavor. I find that Slim Styles keeps me satisfied the whole morning.

Lunch is a salad made with bagged salad mix, extra matchstick carrots and orange-flavored cranberries with balsamic vinegar dressing. Sometimes I put fat-free mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan-romano cheese, sometimes with fat-free cheddar cheese and bacon bits, sometimes with nutritional yeast, and sometimes with 2 broiled chicken strips.

Snacks are typically a fruit – orange, pear (my favorite), apple, strawberries.

Dinner is another salad with either a sandwich made with Ezekiel bread and mayo w/olive oil, fat free cheese or tuna salad (made with the same mayo and sweet and dill relish, chicken salad, or egg salad or a chicken thigh (which Cecilia hates) and a vegetable like steamed asparagus, or a taco made with Ezekiel tortilla, tilapia, and salad (I call it a fish salad taco), or a “pizza” made with the Ezekiel tortilla covered with fat free mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan/romano cheese.

I had to promise Cecilia that I’d give up the Dove dark chocolate candy bars this week. I told her anything but that!  I’ll do it. I really want to be down to 150 by Christmas, and if I keep this up, I should be pretty close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home