Monday, November 28, 2011

Mondays Are Good Things

Now matter how many side trips I take on the weekend or holidays on my journey to 135, I can always count on starting over on Mondays.

I got on the scale sometime during the weekend, and I weighed 240! Dang! That's just 2.4 lbs less than when I started Dec. 22, 2009! The good thing is -- it's not more ;O).

When I weighed this morning, I was back to 235, which is still more than when I weighed in Nov. 10.

I started celebrating Thanksgiving a week early with the "turkey & dressing and all the trimmings" meal here at work. It wasn't all that good, but I ate nearly every bite. I'm particularly disappointed in myself for eating every crumb of a terrible cherry pie. The crust tasted like cardboard, yet I ate it all. What motivates someone to do these things? Why do I go into auto pilot and eat things whether they're good or not? I guess if I knew the answer to that, I wouldn't be in this situation.

As usual, I started out on plan this morning, sort of. I had a sausage link. While I made breakfast and drank my coffee, I baked a potato with a tbsp of Brummel & Brown margarine for lunch and made a sandwich with double fiber whole wheat bread, 2 slices of fat-free cheese and a tsp of low-fat mayo. Before I ate the sandwich, I added a big, thick tomato slice.

That and the 2/3 baked potato that I ate filled me for sure. I have an orange for my 3:00 snack.

I'm in my usual every third payday situation. I still have month left at the end of my money and no fruits or veggies. Yesterday I made whole-wheat angel hair pasta with tomato sauce that I made from scratch, and a grilled cheese sandwich. My son treated me to a Hershey bar, which is 6 points. His Three Muskateers bar was 5 points. But it was a 2-serving bar for a total of 10 pts!

I'm still searching for that little key change in my eating and lifestyle that will result in satisfaction with weight loss and optimum health. I don't want to do anything drastic. I've done drastic before -- Nutri-Systems, Medical Center Weight Loss, and the Atkins plan. I just want to make the right changes to be beautiful and shapely. Is that too much to ask?

I'll probably make tuna salad tonight. I have lots of oatmeal for someting sweet later. And I have minimarshmallows. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home